Honored Contributor

I am drinking coffee out of my turquoise mug as I read this.

I do love turquoise and have lots of it in clothing, jewelry (wish I had more of that!), and accents around my home.

Probably my favorite turquoise, though, is the color of the water in the Caribbean.  

Honored Contributor

Tx. sky, too !

Valued Contributor

I have always loved this color - in the early sixties, when I was in high school, my mother bought a turquoise modern sofa and painted our front door the same color - our house became known as the one with the bright door!

I own lots of turquoise jewelry, handbags and scarfs - when I wear this color, I instantly feel happier.

At one time,  when I was at a store  after work, wearing a deep turquoise dress with a short jacket with earth colors, several women commented on my beautiful dress - wish I still had it (and was thin enough to wear it!).

Just a great color.

Honored Contributor

Yes, @Kachina624, for several reasons:

1) My parents gave me my first (and only) chunky southwestern turquoise cuff to commemorate the fact that I was born in Arizona when they moved there for a period due to my sister's health;

2) Turquoise is just a dreamy, happy, uplifting color that seems both earthy and ethereal at the same time;

3) I love it in rooms and decor--   we painted our living room in a soft, robin's egg blue (which is a hazy and muted form of turqoise, B. Moore's "Woodlawn Blue).   I've punched up the color here and there through the room with a few pieces of vintage turquoise art pottery, and some turqoise pillows, textiles, and a turquoise, cream and tan Art Deco rug;

4) Red-headed hubby's eyes are a soft version of gray-influenced turquoise, a mercurial color that flexes in one direction or another according to the light.

That Andalusian village is out of a dream....

Esteemed Contributor

One of my newest ... by Native American artisans ... Chaco Canyon 5-stone Kingman Chaco Canyon 5-Stone Kingman Turquoise Sterling Silver Cuffturquoise braclet.   It's so delicious!

Trusted Contributor

Soo beautiful!  I would love to see it for real!   I have always loved turquoise and blue shades!

I have never heard this story before!  Thanks for posting it!

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Love, love colors/shades/tints of turquoise.

There are places around the world that have beautiful houses of many colors.

'Funny', but sometimes in certain neighborhoods, some residents comment (negative) on houses that aren't neutral standard colors.

However, I often recall the beautiful Victorian houses with various contrasting colors.  Lots of them on various websites.

Thank you for the photo!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  Anyone here like (in clothing) the combination of deep, dark green with turquoise?

I wore that color combination for many years.  Love, love it.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I like brown pants with turq top. Just ordered from Q a aqua blue top with narrow stripes to go with white pants/shorts and brown pants/shorts.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Love Turquoise?

[ Edited ]

p.s.  I also like the  slightly pink clay/brick paint color of many of the houses in Italy and elsewhere.  (I believe it's close to one of the D&Co. colors.)  Not exactly clay/brick, but with an undertone of slightly pink. 

I think I mean to say clay/brick with under-lying undertones of dusty mauve.