Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Love Getting Notifications

[ Edited ]

HELLO hearts!  Heart

Thanks @Jordan2  for this post.

A great way to say I agree, I'm thinking about you, Sorry you're dealing with that, hope all is well, or just hey, how you doin'?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Okay, maybe it's my low self esteem, but I have to say I love getting notifications! It kind of gives me validation as what I have to say is of interest to someone. I always feel a little let down when I don't get any. Anyone feel this way too?

I can't use the word "love", however. I cannot think of a reason that anyone would not like getting positive feedback for something that have said or done. I got rid of my low self esteem when, in high school, I lost 60# of fat. Along with that I began to move out of my introverted life.

Been around the horn to long to let what anyone on a BB bother me, or get me down. I credit my over 30 years of being a referee in hockey games, of many levels, paying much attention to negative criticism by loud/boisterous people.

Maybe they should have a " motie" for letting some know how strongly you dislike what they have done or said in a particular post. I know I would get lots of "notifications" with that motie.

I will just roll along being me, telling it like I see it, and let the notifications fall where they may. HEY, Jordan2! I'm giving you a BIG heart for this thread.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoy this newer feature. I like giving as well as receiving hearts.  What drives me nuts is when I try to retrieve my notification before the page has completely set and I end up getting a page of featured products.

Honored Contributor

Haha..I love giving hearts do much that now when I heart someone their total goes up by two! I don't know how this happened but I feel like the heart fairy.

Honored Contributor

Notifications let one know that there is a message for them, and I love hearts, getting them and giving them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like getting hearts from posters,  that I have  never seen before. People are reading.

Respected Contributor

Love this thread, great people here & such a pleasure to read all the posts.  BIG HEARTS to all

Respected Contributor

this is a great new feature on the board.  it actually allows us to communicate one on one with each other mostly in a positve manner.  that i think is great in of itself. we never really had that before without quoting, quoting, etc.

the hearts, i love.  they are so special.. it validates and makes what you said important in a way at least to that person because they are acknowledging you.  yah for the hearts!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Giving hearts makes my heart warm.

Receiving hearts makes my heart happy.

Sometimes when I receive a Notification that someone has mentioned me in a post, it can make me nervous depending on which poster it is. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@MaggieMack

Your post made me laugh.  You know when you get  @notification from certain posters and you dared to disagree with them, it's bound to be one scoldng you.