Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Live to Eat Or Eat To Live

Cookbooks are some of my favorite books. Then there are all those recipes  in blogs and on Facebook. I spend way too much time thinking about food!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG   I've found so many recipes on Pinterest or online that I've donated many of my older cookbooks. My favorites now are all of Barefoot Contessa's and the original red/white checked Better Homes & Garden...has pages of measurements how to double or triple recipes (math not my best subject). It also tells you how to make buttermilk with vinegar and other substitutions.

Esteemed Contributor

Eat to live.  I've been finicky about food since I was a kid.  Nowadays, I have to eat certain foods at regular times of the day for health reasons.  Kind of takes all the fun out of eating.

But, put a thin crust, sausage pizza in front of me and get out of the way!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I live to eat well!  I have always enjoyed trying different ethnic foods.  Love French food.  Enjoy trying new recipes.  

Honored Contributor

I not only live to eat but get up in the mornings at 4:00 a.m. to exercise and think and plan what I will be eating for dinner each night.  Going to work each day between time of the two events is a nuisance but I deal with it to get to the FOOD.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Eating does not interest me.

The one meal I will have is breakfast, having lunch and dinner is a whatever, not a must. I eat when I feel hungry.

Eating is just one of those things you do because you need to.

Many people are hungry and without shelter so I am very grateful to have food in my home.