Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Live to Eat Or Eat To Live

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

let me put it it this way,  I  have never forgotten to eat.

I can totally relate to this, @QVCkitty1 .  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

Was always in the eat to live crowd.  The longer this stay home stuff goes on, the less eating is interesting at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2  I guess I'm on the live to eat side. But that's not quite right. I love eating all kinds of foods.But i really live to cook! It's my art. I'm not really great at it in the sense of a chef, but it certainly is how I express myself and my love. The ad that exclaims "We don't have to cook anymore" is my worst nightmare. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't cook something every day.

Respected Contributor

Eat to live.

When I was very young, there were many foods I refused to eat.

If I cook it, I am not too enthusiastic about eating it.

Food shows and cookbooks make me yawn.

I do not eat too much more now than my younger days, but I am much less active.

(I can order a meal in a restaurant and make the leftovers last 2-3 meals more, but usually DH or the dogs eat it.)

Esteemed Contributor

Definitely eat to live. Don't like to cook and I am very picky about

what I eat. I usually eat the same meals all the time.

Respected Contributor

Eat to live. If I'm in the middle of a project, I can forget to eat , or just skip it.

I'm mostly satisfied with a small meal.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

let me put it it this way,  I  have never forgotten to eat.

@QVCkitty1 

I'm just the opposite, I often forget to eat.  

Guess the optimal is somewhere in the middle.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  Congrats on reaching your goal. It is't easy. Yes, I'm thin, but gained 62 pounds (!!!) when pregnant and was on WW for a year to lose that weight. It's really a challange. 

Honored Contributor

I've always been on the thin side, but eat like a  horse...more than most others at the table, always have.  I make healthy choices because of diabetes on both sides of my family. My foods are high in protein, veggies and salads...3 meals a day and snacks of fruit, peanut butter on veggies and nuts.

I do have cheat days for bread, pasta and other high carb foods, but I exercise and walk enough to make up for it so when my blood tests are done, my insulin levels are always in check. Definitely don't want diabetes or have to be on meds to keep numbers low.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I eat to live...I do not enjoy cooking (but do like to bake).  As long as I don't go to bed hungry, I'm ok.   Now DH likes to have a meal so I do cook, but thank goodness he is not a big eater. 

@Mom2Dogs   Good morning. I enjoy cooking and baking. Being a southerner, I grew up with meals called "a meat and 3 sides". It was a lot to eat, but I still enjoy a hot dinner with meat, fish or chicken and 2 or 3 veggies or a salad subbed for 1. I have several baking cookbooks with healthy exchanges for the butter and sugar, but still try not to bake too often.

My DD must eat gluten free and swears gluten free baked goods (purchased or baked home) are less calories and healthier. I haven't read the labels yet carefully enough to agree with her.