Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Like Your Driver's License Photo?

I am average looking at best and incredibly non-photogenic so virtually any photo ID is a disaster . . . I've learned to live with it but goodness some of them frighten me and it is me . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The only one I ever liked was stolen with my purse en and that was 2 weeks after getting it. That was before computerization where you can just get a replacement of the same photo so I had to get a new one taken and well it was not so great!!  Where I worked we once had a contest to find the worst driver's license photo.  We voted and mine won!  It looked like a mug shot taken after a fight where my eyes and face were swollen.  I had been my 3rd prednisone dose pack for bronchitis/ asthma and I couldn't wait any longer to get my photo.  

Honored Contributor

I'm one of those 10, I like mine a lot. Unfortunately, my license needs renewed this year so that means a new picture and I may not be as pleased with it.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it better this time.  The last one, not so much.  I put more effort into this one, getting my hair flat-ironed, etc.  In the prior one my rosacea was flaring and my hair was sticking up all over.  I looked like a big red beet with crazy hair.  It was the worst photo ever and I promised myself that I wouldn't let that happen again. 

Honored Contributor

@Pook You and me with the steroids!  That was way back when I actually thought something could be done to ease my back pain.  I was shot full of steroids so often.

Recently my daughters gave me a wonderful 70th birthday party.  They had tons of pictures and slides of me through the years playing.  Everyone thought I'd lost so much weight when actually, my body had gotten rid of the steroids.  Some of the pictures showed me at the height of it!

That full moon face is hard to ignore when you know what causes it.!

Trusted Contributor

I have not known anyone who liked their driver's license photo.  The good news is the photo is small.  It is far worse to be stuck with a bad passport photo.

Honored Contributor

Mine is ok.

Trusted Contributor

No. I look like I'm on a mega dose of something illegal-seriously.

Esteemed Contributor

I think that most people hate their license photos @Plaid Pants2. I am a fairly photogenic person and my license photos have always been pretty bad until the last one.

I went to get a new one a while ago and noticed they do allow you to retake it a couple of times. I was ok with the first one but I did my makeup differently than I would normally do because the light is just so unflattering.

I've worked as makeup artist for photo shoots but this is completely different with the harsh lighting there. You are best to lay off luminizers or heavy highlighters. The harsh lighting can also make you look pale no matter the skin tone so a good matte bronzer on all the higher areas where the sun would naturally hit is the best way to go. I don't wear any shimmery eyeshadows either there. I think wearing a natural bone colored matte eyeshadow on the lid with an eyeliner and mascara works best. I didn't do any crazy contouring on my eyes or face. I really think less is more with these types of photos.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Are you kidding?