Esteemed Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I don't use waitlist because I think that the probability of me receiving someone's return is likely to happen.

@PhilaLady1  I tend to think that as well.  Although it has not happened so far .  🤞🏻

Honored Contributor

Back when I was an enthusiastic buyer of QVC clothing and jewelry , I would go on waitlist and I don't remember ever not receiving the item promply.

Now, I wouldn't bother 🤷🏼‍♀️

Honored Contributor

I did it once for a winter jacket and when I got it, I ended up with some dirty, disgusting return that had a stained lining and nasty tissues in the pockets.

Honored Contributor

I have never received anything when I was on Waitlist.  I don't care for it.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter   When you mentioned the condition I thought about the shoes I received that were filthy dirty.  I can't believe the Q excepted the shoes in the first place but to pawn them off on an innocent customer is behond disgusting.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I love the option. (I usually wind up getting the item, which is a good thing.)

Respected Contributor

Not for me. 3 times I've tried waitlist, 3 times items were eventually cancelled. 

Trusted Contributor

I have only ever waitlisted an item a few times since I have been shopping here.

Most of the time the order gets cancelled and I never receive the item.  I have also noticed that something will be waitlisted, come back in stock, but it never ships to me.  It's almost like the customers on waitlist are forgotten about and we would be better off just cancelling the waitlist and ordering the item as it comes back in stock.

I did waitlist a pair of jeans in July and I actually did receive them.  I had forgotten about them and they arrived when I was on vacation in August, but I was lucky enough to have a neighbor grab the bag for me.

I really don't care too much about the ability to waitlist an item either way.  Sometimes I'm grateful when an item sells out because it prevents me from spending money on something I really don't need.  A sold out item does give me time to think about the purchase, but Waitlist can also catch me by surprise.  There's really no warning that it's back in stock until it's processing.  By then it's usually to late to cancel, whether I really want the item or not.