Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Like Sugarless Gum?

[ Edited ]

I hate gum in general. In fact, I don't think it as popular as it was when I was a kid, but I could be wrong.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I definitely like sugarless gum. My favorite flavors are mint, fruit flavors, and cinnamon. Lol, is that all of them?

Bubblemint sounds awesome...combines two of my favs! I'll be on the lookout for that one. Thanks @RinaRina for the recommendation! 

Speaking of sugar substitutes, I have one on my shopping list that's new to Trader Joe's called Allulouse. I think it's a mix of Allulouse and Stevia. I use sugar substitute all the time so can't wait to try it. I've heard it's really good. 

Valued Contributor

I don’t like any kind of gum.
Respected Contributor

I don't like any kind of gum, and I avoid everything with artificial sweetners so sugarless gum is going to be a hard pass for me. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RinaRina  I am addicted to sugar free gum.  Mint and or  spearmint flavor is my favorite.  I love trident...eclipse and Dentyne brands. I chew gum after dinner instead of desert.  I became a gum -aholic. 30 years ago when I stopped smoking menthols cigarettes cold turkey....thus the mint gum....  

I never chew in pubic...just at home. I donot like the way it looks when people chew gum 😄

Honored Contributor

I don't like chewing gum. For some reason all gum sticks to my teeth ...they're all my real teeth, too. No idea why that happens.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't chewed gum in ages - ever since I learned it's not good for you.

In short (from what I took away from the class), the chewing starts the digestion process and produces the acids but there's nothing in your stomach to break down which isn't in your best interest.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

I haven't chewed gum in ages - ever since I learned it's not good for you.

In short (from what I took away from the class), the chewing starts the digestion process and produces the acids but there's nothing in your stomach to break down which isn't in your best interest.

@ThinkingOutLoud  There are good and bad things about sugar less gum.. after meals makes it can help clean your teeth....and gum sweetened  with Xylitol sweetener can stop plaque.   On the down side, gum can cause gas from Sorbitol artificial sweetener...and as you mentioned upset an empty tummy

Honored Contributor

I do like sugarless gum, but I haven't had it for years.

I have a really bad habit of cracking my gum and I'm a champion at it.  I can't help myself and it upsets people to the core.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't chew gum.  When I was a kid I really liked bubble gum but as an adult I just totally dropped the habit.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett