Esteemed Contributor

Do You Like Having Your Picture Taken?

I hate having my pic taken and avoid at all costs. If I could have gone through my whole wedding without it I would have.

I was at a Christmas party in the 80's (I was in my 30's) with co-workers. One woman had just gotten a camcorder. I politely ask her not to keep pointing it at me.  Everytime I turned around she had it in my face. I finally told her she was going to need to have it surgically removed if she did it again.

Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Like Having Your Picture Taken?

I'm not quite that violent about it but I do not like my picture taken because I feel like I've aged badly.  I used to be really skinny and could not put on weight.  Then at 22 I had a baby and poof.  I look at myself as still a young girl even though I know that's not realistic.  I guess I am ashamed of what I look like.  But I'm living with it, just without pictures.

Honored Contributor

That’s a hard no !😠

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

No, but mainly because the people who take the pictures of our family get togethers immediately post them on Facebook, which ticks me off.   

Respected Contributor

Especially dislike cell phone pictures. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was half laughing when I threatened the woman with a trip to the proctologist but she knew not to shove that in my face again.  Even though back then I was still thin and looked pretty good, I wasn't comfortable in front of a camera and it showed.

Trusted Contributor

I don't like having my picture taken, but I don't object if someone wants to take it. My grandmother was obsessive about not being photographed. Then when Grandma passed away, no one had anything near a recent picture of her. My friend Sue was the same way. She passed away last year. We were friends for over twenty years, and I don't have a single picture of her. That makes me very sad.

Honored Contributor

Only for diagnostic purposes by an x-ray machine when necessary.

Regular Contributor

Please remember that photos are for others to see you.  You will never be any youger than you are today.  When you see a photo of you10 years ago, you say,"Gee, I looked so good back then."  Well, it will be ten years some day, and you will look back at today and think how much younger you WERE.  Some of us are not photogenic, some are.  I feel that it is very vain not to want your picture taken ever.

Honored Contributor

I don't like spur of the moment shots when you don't expect it.