Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Lie About What Size You Wear

100 posts about clothing size!  A strange thing to strike a chord.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 

I don’t even KNOW what size I wear!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I wear either a size 8 or 10 depending on the manufacturer. I never lie to someone about my size, if I don't want them to know, I just won't say. Meghan on The View yesterday said she wears a 12, I found that surprising.

I did too.  I thought she must tell people she wears a size 12 before she goes to these photo shoots or whatever and then when she gets there the size 12 garments they have they know won't fit her  and then they tell her they weren't able to get any size 12s rather than have her have a fit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Huh?

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Huh?

hckynut

@hckynut ...LOL..It can be quite a complex and confusing world out there for us women! Woman LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Valued Contributor

Never, all through my life, and I'm a large woman although I wasn't always. I have always thought women are too obsessed with their bodies. Don't want to add to it. 

Respected Contributor

Never lie about my size. 8 to 10 here. If anyone cares.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My weight has fluctuated a lot in my 50+ years due to various medical issues so I have definitely had people ask me about my size and weight. The people that are closest to me are genuinely concerned about my health so it doesn’t upset me. I don’t lie about it. 

The ones that do bother me are people who don’t know me very well, or even strangers. Comments like, “You need to eat more”, and “I wish I was thin like you,” can be pretty tiresome. I try to shrug it off, but sometimes I get angry & respond to these people I barely know with “I have a lot of medical issues. I wouldn’t recommend them for weight loss.” Kind of leaves them feeling like they shouldn’t have said anything which is the whole point.