Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Lie About What Size You Wear

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I wear either a size 8 or 10 depending on the manufacturer. I never lie to someone about my size, if I don't want them to know, I just won't say. Meghan on The View yesterday said she wears a 12, I found that surprising.

@Jordan2 

???     I wish you had said WHY you thought it was surprising.   I must be missing something here.

The only time I recall discussing size was when I was in a fitting room and asked a sales associate to get me a different one than the one I was trying on.

Can't most women look at another woman and pretty much tell what size she is wearing?  What's to discuss?    Do people think they can actually fool others?

Odd question ......  JMO.

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012   Wow, no offense, but your cousin is a piece of work that needs some attending to.  And a lady or gentleman would never have that opinion or make that comment about "real" motherhood.  That has "Twilight Zone" vibes for me.

You have the last laugh though since you've risen above the barbs and enjoy good health.  May you continue to do so.

People can be so bizarre . . .

Respected Contributor

I have had someone say to me what size are you those can’t be your pants they look too little. They were hanging on the line. I was so embarrassed.😓

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I wear either a size 8 or 10 depending on the manufacturer. I never lie to someone about my size, if I don't want them to know, I just won't say. Meghan on The View yesterday said she wears a 12, I found that surprising.

@Jordan2 

???     I wish you had said WHY you thought it was surprising.   I must be missing something here.

The only time I recall discussing size was when I was in a fitting room and asked a sales associate to get me a different one than the one I was trying on.

Can't most women look at another woman and pretty much tell what size she is wearing?  What's to discuss?    Do people think they can actually fool others?

Odd question ......  JMO.

I did say in another post that I found it odd she would say, volunteered the information. I also said I admire her she seems to be comfortable in her own skin and doesn't care what people think or say about her.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't imagine ever having a conversation with anyone about what size clothing I wear! I don't have any sisters, and none of my friends would even care!

Trusted Contributor

No.  absolutely no lies about my size.  What's the point?  

Respected Contributor

No!  What purpose would that serve?  I tnink most women can estimate what size range another woman wears.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind and political

Esteemed Contributor

I dont lie, I just dont tell people my size (lol) except for I tell my husband and my kids when they ask to buy gifts. I had gained too much weight due to my back issues and having trouble exercising in pain, even though I eat very healthy. I am determined more than ever to lose weight now and just went down one size and am so happy! Would like to go down 1 or 2 more sizes yet. PS People look heavier on tv for sure. I can tell by what the models on QVC say they are compared to me. Theyre not lying the tv just adds weight. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Nope.  When I worked, a lot of people were nosy and would actually come out and ask you how much you weighed or what size you wore.  I think this is really rude and none of anyone's business.  I would never ask questions like this.  Some people don't care about   this stuff and some people do.  If you want to volunteer it in a conversation, that's different.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin