Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Lie About What Size You Wear

No I do not lie and I get tired of getting grief from family and friends about being so small from childhood to my late 50's now.  My last weigh in at the Doctor in March with clothes and shoes on was 86 pds.  So yes my clothing size is very small but I am small everywhere top to bottom.  There are ups and downs to being small sized and short. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nope---I wear whatever size looks good and feels good on me. What difference does size make? I find that so annoying and childish and mean too.

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012   I belong to your circle--87 and a half pounds and 5 ft. 7 and 1/2 inches.  Pregnant twice and gained about  30 to 35 pounds each time with about 14 pounds to lose after each delivery.  And I was able to get back to my "underweight" normal poundage easily each time since I breastfed each child.

Learned decades ago to brush off any pointed questions or observations from thoughtless people such as "Are you sure you are not anorexic?" And on an on ad nauseum.

I think I mentioned in a post started by someone else here last year or the year before about such remarks is that I either "play deaf "or come back with my own question:  "Is there any reason you need an answer to that question?"  I guarantee it floors the querent dead in his tracks (since there is no believable comeback) and we get back on the polite conversation track easily.

Honored Contributor

generally no

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I enjoyed your comments. I differ only in that I like when the model sizes are given. The TV distorts sizing (at least for me) and at times I have been really off on my estimate on what size is being shown. It really does help me to know if it’s a medium, xl, etc. so I can better judge the length and fit.

i don’t lie about my size, but then no one has asked me! I wear a range of sizes anyway.

What I wish QVC would do is tell us the shoe size on the models so I can better judge how it will look on me—if the model is wearing a 9 or 10 and it’s flattering, that helps.

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@beckyb1012   I belong to your circle--87 and a half pounds and 5 ft. 7 and 1/2 inches.  Pregnant twice and gained about  30 to 35 pounds each time with about 14 pounds to lose after each delivery.  And I was able to get back to my "underweight" normal poundage easily each time since I breastfed each child.

Learned decades ago to brush off any pointed questions or observations from thoughtless people such as "Are you sure you are not anorexic?" And on an on ad nauseum.

I think I mentioned in a post started by someone else here last year or the year before about such remarks is that I either "play deaf "or come back with my own question:  "Is there any reason you need an answer to that question?"  I guarantee it floors the querent dead in his tracks (since there is no believable comeback) and we get back on the polite conversation track easily.

I love that response and it can be applied to so many nosy questions!

Respected Contributor

No

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99 wrote:

If Meagan on the View wears a 12, I wear a 2.LOL IMO she's a 16 or 18, due to her bust, I have never seen her in pants. I wear a small/med  or size 10 from clothes at the Q, but I tell people who ask that the Q has vanity sizing. I agree the brands at the Q have sizing that is all over the place, I bought a jean jacket from SG in a size 8 and Laurie Felt tops in an xs.

Meghan a size 12? Seriously? On what planet? Is that really what she is telling people? A size 12 is a medium, isn't it. The bust on a size 12 is in the low 30's. Hers isn't.

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I doubt Meghan wears a size 12.

It doesn't do any good to lie about what size you wear. People can see what you look like.

I agree...she looks to be more of a 16/18.  A size 12 is considered a medium.  She looks like a large or extra large.

I thought 8-10 was medium, 12 was large, and anything above that was plus size.

At any rate, I'm surprised by how many of you never discuss size or never have it come up. I discuss it frequently with my sisters, friends, and sales associates when I shop for clothes, which is often (lol). I guess I have never considered it top secret information, but I'm not super sensitive about my weight or size.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't lie about my size or my age. What's the point? A person who lies about size and age is not fooling anyone else and certainly not themself.