Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Lie About What Size You Wear

I have never had anyone walk up to me and ask "what size do you wear" nor have I ever volunteered the information. 

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 , Hi!  Personally, I don’t see the point in lying about your size.  For me, as a long time WW member, that would be the same as lying in my food tracker, when the ultimate tracker - my body - knows and reveals the truth.  Does my size/weight  fluctuate?  Absolutely!  But that fluctuation can be the result of over indulgence, differences in sizing brand to brand, so many things.  For reference, I’m 128 lbs, 5’5”, 35.5-29-35.75 and I have every size in my closet from XXS to M, size 0 to 8.  What size should I say that I am?

Respected Contributor

Nope. I don’t lie about my size, weight or age. I just don’t get the point of lying tbh. 

Esteemed Contributor

No one asks and sometimes I don't know. 12 to be comfortable in p ants but they are usually too big in the seat and baggy. I have never gone to a store since I have gotten older. I also haven't bought a dress in years.

Trusted Contributor

You would be really surprised how many women don't tell the truth about the size they wear. Or, they are stuck on a certain number. I worked in retail clothing for almost twenty years. Almost every manufacturer runs different. You may be a size 10 in one brand, and in another a size 12 or even a 14. True designer clothing always runs larger. My good friend says that's so rich people won't know they're overweight. LOL I am almost always a size 12, but if I need to go up, I will. It's not like the size tag is on the outside of the garment. Like someone else said, it's not the size that's important, it's the fit.

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 

me too.....skinny gene and skinny hair from Dads side , ...tallness too.  I’m Thankful for it now 🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Can’t imagine who would ask my size other than a salesperson in a clothing store. And it wouldn’t be very helpful if I lied about my size, since the piece of clothing she brought me wouldn’t fit!  Honestly, I can’t imagine anyone else in my life being interested in my clothing size. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

I doubt Meghan wears a size 12.

It doesn't do any good to lie about what size you wear. People can see what you look like.

Honored Contributor

Since people can see what size you are like, small, medium, or larger...what would be the use? Size only matter if you are purchasing something to wear.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I lost a wonderful relative to morbid obesity, and she always cut the size tags out of her clothes. She was totally detached from the negative health aspects of her obesity, and it ultimately killed her.

When I became morbidly obese, I realized that at 265 pounds it was fairly illogical for me to say I wore a size 10, so I didn’t say anything at all about sizes.

Luckily, my circle of acquaintances never bothered to discuss “size”.

Just now, after losing a large amount of weight, I’m beset by constant stress due to unavoidable family issues. I’m now implementing some specific strategies to relieve the stress that causes me to gain weight. I am still wearing some of my size 14 slacks, and also wearing some of the size 16s that I bought at about the same time.

No big deal.

Can’t think of any reason why a celebrity’s comment about his or her size would have any impact at me at all!?