Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Lie About What Size You Wear

[ Edited ]

Size, at least when it comes to clothing, is not really a concern to me or my friends. Why would anyone lie about that when people have eyes and can pretty much figure it out on their own....if they actually cared.

Trusted Contributor

if meghan wears a size 12, then i am a size zero.  and one look at me and you know that's not true.

who cares what size some is anyway.  and who says size really matters( unless love making is involved)

Honored Contributor

I have no problem with size or weight but I am getting a little sqeemish about age...going to be 65 this year.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some manufacturers have downsized clothing for a long time.

What was once a size 16 could very well be labeled a 12 today.

So it is possible for somebody to say that they wear a 12 and not be a liar.

What a person says is her size is her business.  Why is there an "aha" moment about Meghan?  Major fail, imo.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I don't like it when QVC talks about the size these models are wearing (I've posted that before).  A woman's weight is still protected like Ft Knox.  I think it's funny, but it's not something I want posted on my forehead.  If some person was STUPID enough to ask me, I'd probably tell them to go suck an egg.

Nope, but sizing does differ depending on brand.  Also, if you sew, you darn better go by the sizing according to your measurements or you'll have wasted your money.  Pattern sizing is dramatically different than retail clothing sizing.  No vanity sizing in sewing.

However, I AM glad when they give the sizes the models are wearing.  It gives a more realistic idea of what the clothing will look like on something besides a size 2 model.  Of course, a very busty size medium is still quite different than an A-cup size medium.  

But, I probably won't be buying more clothing from QVC after my recent experience.  I went by QVC's measurements and ordered a Medium and it was way too big.  I ended up with an XS and I never wear XS in anything.  If I can't trust QVC to give accurate sizing measurements, then I won't be ordering from them.  If they're going to vanity size, they should at least use accurate measurements for that sizing.

Trusted Contributor

mydad's wife(i refused tocall her a stepmom) used to buy me clothes basded on my height. i am 4"11 so i she decided  that i should wear a tiny size.  then when it didn't fit, she would say, gee i thought that would fit you. i hated her and was really glad when she passed away. that was her way of making me feel terrible because i had a weight problem.

she would buy really cute clothe sfor me in 3 sizes smaller then i wear.  iused to ask her to take them back, then i jjust took thembackand then she started cutting out the tags and placing them a box from a different store then where she bought them so i wowuld have to ask her .  i got to the point that i just gave the dlothes to a friend who could wear them and never tell her .

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why bother telling a lie?????  Besides, size doesn't really matter.  If the garment fits and you are comfortable and confident in it, who cares what the tag says!!!

Too many women think they need to impress others by being an xxs or 0.  What are they teaching young girls??? 

If asked about my size, I would say "short, portly" and smile.  (Of course, my eyes might say something else!)

Honored Contributor

Most of my clothing is a letter size like M or Chico’s odd numbering system (0 - 4) and easily guessed.  If some oddball asked what size I wear, I’d probably tell.  

I am becoming like a child again in that I am becoming proud of my age 😜. 

Esteemed Contributor

No.I never lie about my size.It actually varies depending on manufacturer & style.I’m usually a 4 .But sometimes I’m a 6 or even a 2.

Honored Contributor

No one has ever asked what size I wear.