Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Lie About What Size You Wear

Nope, all my shoes are size 8 and have been for decades.

Respected Contributor

No, but I don't typically discuss it either. I might say "oh, I have that in a medium and it fits a little large" if someone is trying to decide between sizes for an item. That's about the extent of it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

sure do....makes me feel better.  in fact, I asked my doctor's nurse to add an inch to my height to make me feel better.  shewouldn't do it

Esteemed Contributor

No, I don't. I don't think anyone cares what size I wear, honestly.

I wear a size 12, usualy large or ex large, except with some I can wear a medium, but its just vanity sizing.

I'll admit that if I don't start walking more I will be in a 14 soon and that won't be the end of my world either Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don’t tell people what size I’m wearing.  I don’t ask people either.  

I think a lot of people lie about their size and/or weight.  I guess it makes them feel better. 

Women’s  sizes are so inconsistent anyway.   I range between 3 different sizes depending on what it is and where it’s from.   

Honored Contributor

My weight fluctuates, I've been a 12/10/8 in the last few years. At one point in my life I was a 16, wasn't happy with myself so I wouldn't have wanted to tell anyone. Didn't lie about it though. I'm tall so size is a bit more relative to me. 

These days I can wear an 8 or small sometimes, it's strange for me but it's not any sort of accomplishment. Stress and grief and lots of walking. 

I would never say Meghan is lying about being a 12. I think size is all about proportion, two people can actually wear the same size and look very different. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

If Meagan on the View wears a 12, I wear a 2.LOL IMO she's a 16 or 18, due to her bust, I have never seen her in pants. I wear a small/med  or size 10 from clothes at the Q, but I tell people who ask that the Q has vanity sizing. I agree the brands at the Q have sizing that is all over the place, I bought a jean jacket from SG in a size 8 and Laurie Felt tops in an xs.

Respected Contributor

Nope...I have my cloths organized by size LOL. I have my regular size and then sizes for those days when I just don't know what happened. I fit into the pants 2 weeks ago but now I am a size bigger. 

Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Nope, all my shoes are size 8 and have been for decades.

@deepwaterdotter 

You’re fortunate. My feet have gotten bigger. I have some gorgeous shoes, I can’t wear very long but, haven’t been able to part with either!  

Honored Contributor

I'm smart enough to be able to tell if someone is small, medium, or large by looking at them. I would never be so dumb as to lie.