Honored Contributor

Do You Lie About What Size You Wear

I wear either a size 8 or 10 depending on the manufacturer. I never lie to someone about my size, if I don't want them to know, I just won't say. Meghan on The View yesterday said she wears a 12, I found that surprising.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Lie About What Size You Wear

I don't lie about it but then I don't know anyone who'd ask or even want to know what size of anything I wear!

You can tell by looking at me I'm not a size Small, medium or even large (I wear a size XL or 1X).

I have so many clothes it's stupid and embarrassing!  All of my friends and family are XXS or up to large.  

Why would anyone care what size someone is?  I don't know though come to think of it, it seems like there's no such thing as privacy so.....who knows.

I don't like it when QVC talks about the size these models are wearing (I've posted that before).  A woman's weight is still protected like Ft Knox.  I think it's funny, but it's not something I want posted on my forehead.  If some person was STUPID enough to ask me, I'd probably tell them to go suck an egg.

Respected Contributor

I never have any reason to discuss my size, but no, I wouldn't lie about it.

I heard Meghan say that also.  I would have thought she wore a bigger size, but I don't really know how sizes go...just my own lol

Honored Contributor

I don't lie about it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I wear either a size 8 or 10 depending on the manufacturer. I never lie to someone about my size, if I don't want them to know, I just won't say. Meghan on The View yesterday said she wears a 12, I found that surprising.

Was it that size or was it the fact that she stated what size she wears that you found surprising?

For me the number on the tag doesn't matter. What matters to me is how it fits. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe she was wearing a special brand ,and they use a different sizing method?

All brands aren't sized the same way. I have found that out  while shopping online

No I wouldn't lie about it, and she might not be lying either

Respected Contributor

Nope. I am as I am and anyone can see that.  I won't answer if it's none of their business just as I wouldn't care to ask theirs. but if I'm buying clothes It's a waste of my time to lie.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No because some “guy” in a boardroom somewhere chose to take my size out all together and put 1 2 3  x’s instead. Like He has convinced me I am a 2 due to his brilliant marketing strategy. 😂

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2   No, I don't lie about it.  Depending on the individual manufacturer and the vanity sizing that so many use I can be anything from a 0, 2, 4, or 6 or xxs, s, sometimes even a m if I need the sleeve length to fit my extra long arms and cover my bony wrists.

Painfully thin, underweight, as a child and was ridiculed all the time as a school kid about that and my "buck" teeth.

Survived all that hurtfulness and discovered I was lucky to have inherited the skinny gene from most of my father's family, but got the bad teeth and baby fine hair from that side as well.

I saw Meghan say that yesterday on The View and wasn't surprised--she is not ashamed of being size 12 and shouldn't be.  She is not a "toothpick" size and she knows it.  She looks a bit like my mother physically when she was young.  Also is outspoken, feisty at times, the "stand your ground" type as was my mom.

Beautiful people come in myriad configurations.  Do the best, and work with what you have is what I believe.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

Maybe she was wearing a special brand ,and they use a different sizing method?

All brands aren't sized the same way. I have found that out  while shopping online

No I wouldn't lie about it, and she might not be lying either

How right you are about various brands sized differently.  In many higher end and designer brands, the size tends be numbered lower.  Those are also numbered lower than in decades past.  

I found that out years ago on a major shopping excursion.  In one size I wore a 2 (and it was a bit big) and it ran the gamut up to a 10!  What size would I have been when I was 18 and much smaller?  At that time, I usually wore a junior 3 or 5.  

(For some items, I could save money and wear girls sizes! I was a late bloomer.) 

Even more frustrating than different sizing by brands is when the same brand and item fits differently when you buy two!   Quality control, please. 

I hesitate on giving a size because there is such a range.