Honored Contributor

Re: 💥💥Do You Know Any "Right-Fighters"?

@AuberriJean wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Do I know anyone like this?

Quite a few - nearly all on internet forums, including (or especially?) this one.

None have ever impressed me with their "rightness."

@Moonchilde

I think most people aren't impressed by them. I usually leave a discussion when they overtake it like a dog with a bone lol.

Maybe it's a control thing or a kind of narcissism that makes a person be a right fighter?

@AuberriJean IMO it could easily be either or a combination of both. It can also stem from insecurity even if the person would never understand that about themselves. Some right-fighting veers into bullying behavior in that some apparently believe the louder they proclaim, the more often they proclaim, and the more people understand there will be 'consequences' for not bowing to their superior wisdom, they will sway all nay-sayers to understand that they are always right and they will always 'win.'

I'm like yeah, whatevs 😎

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

Great post @Moonchilde!

whatevs and peace out! 😎

Honored Contributor

My late MIL was one.   

Honored Contributor

p.s.: I added a couple of sentences to my last post.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

'Gee', I wish I had you (posters) around in my life when I was reading a lot (tons) of 'this and that' and trying to figure it all out.............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I appreciate all opinions and don't consider them as "right fighters" speaking in reference to posts. For example, women in Japan and China do get osteoporosis and so I posted that on the thread with my sources about tea where another poster said she hadn't read that they do after drinking copious amounts. Whether or not tea was the culprit and not talking about caffeine now....they definitely get osteoporosis.  So while I do always appreciate comments from those who were scientists or in the medical profession and their points I'm sure are correct, opinions from their own field changes that they may not be aware of.

Trusted Contributor

Sadly, yes, I do know a "right fighter", my brother. I seriously think he is mentally ill...and extremely unhappy. 

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I should had said right site didn't want to give the iimpression it was just the C Chat board.  I was sleepy at the time and turned off the computer then I  thought oh , oh, I'll be kicked for people thinking I'm referring just to the C Chat board, but, I wasn't.

I"m going on vacation anyway so I'm a happy girl ! LOL

clapping chick.gif

@SharkE  Love the little tyke!!  Have a great time on vacation, no matter what you do.

Trusted Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Not to scare/alarm anyone, but sometimes it becomes worse as they get older.   Can't go any detail, but I've seen it come out in other ways.  Maybe not dangerous, but sometimes klepto, etc., etc., etc.   It's that control issue.  Making their point, etc.  Fascinating to ponder, really.  As I said before, their so called control ends up being out-of- control.  They can't help themselves, even if they wanted to (which they don't).   Tough way of living, if we think about it.

@ROMARY  I've also seen it when alcohol is involved, scary.

Respected Contributor

No, I do not know anyone like that in real life.  But that OP really does describe to a tee some people I've seen on forums.