Honored Contributor

Re: 💥💥Do You Know Any "Right-Fighters"?

[ Edited ]

I should had said right site didn't want to give the iimpression it was just the C Chat board.  I was sleepy at the time and turned off the computer then I  thought oh , oh, I'll be kicked for people thinking I'm referring just to the C Chat board, but, I wasn't.

I"m going on vacation anyway so I'm a happy girl ! LOL

clapping chick.gif

Respected Contributor

Why are they called "Right"?  My brother-in-law was like this.  If you didn't like the way he thought, then you were nothing.  He would walk away from you, if you started disagreeing with him.  Actually I have to SILs who do the same thing.  I call it dump and run.  They can dish it out, but they can't take what you are saying.  

Honored Contributor

Only when I happen across this type of posting on this BB.  In real life, I would physically remove myself from their presence.

Valued Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

Why are they called "Right"?  My brother-in-law was like this.  If you didn't like the way he thought, then you were nothing.  He would walk away from you, if you started disagreeing with him.  Actually I have to SILs who do the same thing.  I call it dump and run.  They can dish it out, but they can't take what you are saying.  

Bcz they think they're right and have to prove it at all costs....

Valued Contributor

@Pruett wrote:

I do and it's a family member. Very unpleasant to spend time with them and I don't know if there's any way to tell them how they're alienating people.  

This description I saw on Facebook today and it is spot on.

"A right-fighter is someone who

—gets overly emotional or angry when people do not agree with them and their opinions or beliefs.

—turns discussions into interminable debates if anyone disagrees with them.

—struggles to win arguments even if they doubt their own view.

—resorts to insults or belittling others who don't agree with their position or opinion.

—continues to obsessively return to an argument.

—brow beats others into submission.

—never apologizes (because they can't be wrong).

—insists on having the last word in an argument or refuses to back down no matter what."

Probably no good answers here. Just venting I guess. Thanks for letting me blow off steam.

Yes, and depending on my mood, I either tweek them or ignore them....

Respected Contributor

My ex which is why he's now my ex.  21 years of "right fighting" was 22 years too much LOL.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know quite a few of them. I think they often end up very unhappy people because when someone has control issues they are destined for a lot of misery in life. The only person we can ever really control is ourselves. 

Valued Contributor

I married one, for better or worse.  Most of the time, the better outweighs the worse, but I've got a bag packed in case I have to leave.  You can't argue with him, so a strategic retreat/escape is the only answer.

Trusted Contributor

Right-fighters

Wrong-fighters

Left-fighters

All the same

Esteemed Contributor

@Pruett wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Better than being a wrong-fighter...

@tansy that's an interesting response.  LOL.  If the "right fighter" is right, why not just take the lesson?

@itiswhatitisIf only it was that simple.  Nobody is always right but when somebody thinks they are and drills their opinion over and over to try and force everybody else to agree with them.......

WHEW! Not fun to try and talk to. Smiley Sad

Well, the way I see it @Pruett sometimes people are always right.  This of course depends on the subject matter and who you're talking to. 

Let's use a teacher as an example.  She's just getting new students who have never learned Algebra.  One would assume that everything she is telling her students about this branch of mathematics is "right."

It's subjective.  I just say if there is  a lesson to be learned and can be used ~ use what you can and discard the rest.  

*Call Tyrone*