Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Hum a 20-Second 'Hand-Washing Song'?

@Highlands72 wrote:

@dulwich wrote:

We were singing Happy Birthday twice then my neighbor said to sing Twinkle, Twinkle little Star - so we do one hand Happy Birthday other hand Twinkle Star - so we’re covered!

---

If you are British, you are meant to be singing "God Save the Queen." Health Minister has sent the memo.

What I find interesting is the tune "God Save the Queen" is the exact same tune of " My Country Tis of Thee".

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Lets put it this way, I always washed my hands of course. But now since this virus talk I am washing my hands daily more than I have washed them daily in my life. I sing under my breath 3 Happy Birthdays! Also using body butter because they are turning red from washing them! 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Highlands72 wrote:

@dulwich wrote:

We were singing Happy Birthday twice then my neighbor said to sing Twinkle, Twinkle little Star - so we do one hand Happy Birthday other hand Twinkle Star - so we’re covered!

---

If you are British, you are meant to be singing "God Save the Queen." Health Minister has sent the memo.

What I find interesting is the tune "God Save the Queen" is the exact same tune of " My Country Tis of Thee".

---

I think the Americans "stole" the melody from the British.

Or maybe the British Americans just liked the melody and adapted it for their own purposes after the revolution.

Esteemed Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Highlands72 wrote:

@dulwich wrote:

---

---

I think the Americans "stole" the melody from the British.

Or maybe the British Americans just liked the melody and adapted it for their own purposes after the revolution.

I was told that the Americans deliberately chose that tune to thumb their noses at the British. Instead of love for a monarch, they sang of love for their country. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

A web site had a list of songs from different decades. Abba's Dancing Queen was one but I sing in my head Mt Girl.  However, because of a lovely poster LOL I will be singing about Henry

Respected Contributor

Sung to the tune of Frère Jacques (granddaughter sung this years ago)

Over and under

Over and under

Inbetween, inbetween

rub your hands together

rub your hands together

now thery're clean

now they're clean

Respected Contributor

Occasionally, but doing hand washing more often. I dislike hand sanitizer unless there is no water available. I think regular hand washing properly does a better job.

Respected Contributor

The chorus to “Lose Yourself” by Eminem.
Valued Contributor

I count to 30 slowly

~ Hope in TN ~
Trusted Contributor

DH and I wash our hands saying "one Mississippi, two Mississippi", etc for 20-30 seconds.