Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@jaxs mom Men with dark eyeliner and women with tattoo sleeves...you have the most original reply.No matter how different our choices are I noticed the one thing everyone wants is someone who makes them laugh.That got my mind straying and I wondered if comedians make the best partners?

I don't want professional funny. I want someone who's humor I connect with. I have that with a couple people IRL, where a simple conversation is more than it seems to outside observers. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I don't have a preference for a particular physical type. I am attracted to men who are intelligent, well-educated, successful, charming (as in sense of humor and general demeanor). Loves animals, open-minded, understanding and kind. Well groomed, well dressed, a leader.

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom Yes I guess you are right about professional funny...just like the plumber with the broken toilet at home,

Respected Contributor

rugged

loves animals

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Have a "Type"?

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

College-educated and street-smart,  sincere and hard-working. 

@deepwaterdotter

Your first 2-words pulled the plug on me. Need summer school to graduate from grade school, and quit high school twice. Did get my GED.

I am considered "street smart" by those that know me well. Have always been a sincere man and I worked for everything I have gained in my life, no hand outs.

Pretty close, but no 🌹 for me.

hckynut(john)

John, Looks like you have already found the love of your life in your wife, but we can be NASCAR buddiesSmiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

Just because you are college educated doesn't mean you are smarter or more of a go getter than any one else, just that you can do the work and put the time in. I dated guys who were college educated and those who were not and did not really prefer one over the other. I ended up with a sweet, sensitive, smart, funny and very loving guy who just happened to have an advanced degree. We are still together after 43 years so that type worked for me.

Honored Contributor

Honestly, after 45 years with the same man, I don't give this subject any thought.  I'm going home with the one who "brung" me. 😏

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 I agree. My first husband was not well educated at all - as a matter of fact his Dad stuck him in an apprenticeship when he was very young so his schooling was minimal. However, he was very street smart and knew his craft well. He was the type of person who excelled at whatever he put his mind to.

My second husband does have a college degree, but IMO he is not nearly as smart nor as driven as my first husband was. He just kinda used his degree to get what he felt was his dream job and then coasted thru for the remainder of his career.

Just having a college degree doesn't mean you will necessarily be a great success.

Honored Contributor

mstyrion 1 wrote:

Intelligent

Had a "bad boy" phase and survived it a better person

Witty with a sense of humor that can be silly sometimes

Non religious

Politically on the same page as me

Doesn't require 100% togetherness.  He has good friends to do things with and allows me the same, occasionally

Financially secure-doesn't depend on me for money

Doesn't listen to country music!   Smiley Very Happy

Holy heck!  Sounds like we'd be going for the same exact guy!  Seriously.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

Intelligent

Had a "bad boy" phase and survived it a better person

Witty with a sense of humor that can be silly sometimes

Non religious

Politically on the same page as me

Doesn't require 100% togetherness.  He has good friends to do things with and allows me the same, occasionally

Financially secure-doesn't depend on me for money

Doesn't listen to country music!   Smiley Very Happy

@mstyrion 1

Had that 'bad boy' phase myself!

For some of us I think it's a rite of passage.

Glad we both made it through.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras