Honored Contributor

Talking about British actors on another thread got me thinking.  Do you have a "type" that you are consistently drawn to? 

I would say I do have a general one, though with lots of exceptions and side-trips, ha.

Mine would be:

Sharply intelligent, but unassuming

This wasn't always true in the past, but now he would have to be spiritual, with a deep relationship with God;  kind and "do-gooding"

Earnest, boyish, optimistic (to counteract my own natural pessimism)

Zany sense of humor;  must not take self too seriously

Added bonus:   similar politics and world view

What would yours be, if any?

Honored Contributor

College-educated and street-smart,  sincere and hard-working. 

Honored Contributor

deepwaterdotter, I like that combo!

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Have a "Type"?

[ Edited ]

absolutely, but it's different depending on gender. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Have a "Type"?

[ Edited ]

Intelligent

Had a "bad boy" phase and survived it a better person

Witty with a sense of humor that can be silly sometimes

Non religious

Politically on the same page as me

Doesn't require 100% togetherness.  He has good friends to do things with and allows me the same, occasionally

Financially secure-doesn't depend on me for money

Doesn't listen to country music!   Smiley Very Happy

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

Someone who's slain a few dragons and still has a twinkle in the eye. No concealed weapons and good with animals.

Honored Contributor

Funny, kind , with similar values. Politically Liberal, but open minded.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

More a look than a type: Dark hair and light eyes, hubby had dark hair now grey and hazel eyes Smiley Happy.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Talking about British actors on another thread got me thinking.  Do you have a "type" that you are consistently drawn to? 

I would say I do have a general one, though with lots of exceptions and side-trips, ha.

Mine would be:

This wasn't always true in the past, but now he would have to be spiritual, with a deep relationship with God;  kind and "do-gooding"

oddly enough ~ I don't have a type.  I just know it when I see it.  However, having a great sense of humour, being well rounded and genuine help.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Mine would be:

LOL, wonder where this came from? ;-)

In general (again, with many exceptions), on the slim side vs buffed (think swimmers & gymnasts). Tall or not tall doesn't matter so much - as long as I'm not looking way down it's good ;-)

Someone who's intelligent and well read, an "inquiring mind" who respects education and research. Someone with a reasonably open mind. No domineering "my way or the highway" guys for me. Someone whose faith, whatever it is (any faith or no faith is okay by me), is low key and quiet. Someone who understands history and why it maters.

Similar world view, with emphasis on 'world', not just the US - someone who thinks there IS a world view and isn't US-centric.

A great sense of humor. The ability to laugh at himself. A steady, positive temperament. Kind and fairly easygoing, and able to withstand the storms of the cynical, sometimes negative POV of his partner ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all