Regular Contributor

Re: Do You Have a Beautiful Landmark in your Area?

Yes, it's Niagara Falls.

Honored Contributor

@wismiss 

That would be Offutt Air Force Base which is Headquarters for the Strategic Air Command. Very close to where the infamous Enola Gay Super Fortress B-29 was built. 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Duke Chapel.jpg

Duke Chapel, Durham, NC

Honored Contributor

I'm lucky to live in a state with a plethora of natural beautiful landmarks.  Here's one of my favorites, Shiprock, on the Navajo Nation in the Four Corners area.  It's the core of a volcano that erupted about 30 million years ago and towers almost 1600ft high, dominating the landscape in that area.  My mom bought an oil painting of it with her first paycheck from her first teaching job.  It always hung in our family living room and now hangs in mine.

Screenshot_20200928-151321~2.pngI

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

image.png

image.png

This is San Felipe de Neri in Albuquerque.  Built in 1793.

image.png

Then there's the Sandias.

image.png

The Bisti/De-Na-Zin Wilderness area.

image.png

Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument.

image.png

Petroglyph National Monument.

image.png

Albuquerque's historic Hiland Theater.

Ditto!!   I live in NM.   The state is a landmark as far as I'm concerned.  Everywhere you go there are OMG sights.

Respected Contributor

Image result for the liberty bell

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss wrote:

This is the courthouse where I live.  They have built a new Justice Center, but some departments still are housed here.  And, yes, the clock works and tolls the number of the hour on the hour.  I live near enough that if it is a quiet day I can hear the clock tolling.  It's one of the most beautiful courthouses I have ever seen.

COURTHOUSE SQUARE | Property Record | Wisconsin Historical Society

@wismiss wrote:

This is the courthouse where I live.  They have built a new Justice Center, but some departments still are housed here.  And, yes, the clock works and tolls the number of the hour on the hour.  I live near enough that if it is a quiet day I can hear the clock tolling.  It's one of the most beautiful courthouses I have ever seen.

COURTHOUSE SQUARE | Property Record | Wisconsin Historical Society

wismiss, I live in this town too & when I go for my walk, I park by the library and see the courthouse. I walk by Baumgartner's and the Corner Cafe too.  Yesterday,when I started my walk, the clock tolled 9 times  

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@wismiss I recognize that courthouse, it is beautiful.  I like to enjoy a Limbuger on dark rye when I visit your region.

deepwaterdotter, my DH & I like Limburger, but we get it at the cheese factory that makes it.

Esteemed Contributor

Among many here, one of my favorites is the St. Louis Arch - Gateway to the West.Arch.jpg

Respected Contributor

The maize and blue Big House of UMich.  Holds over 100,000 people.  I love its huge metal feet and its giant block M sign outside.  Goes with the university motto, "Forget It If It Ain't Big."