Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Have a Beautiful Landmark in your Area?

@pigletsmom wrote:

Ah I forgot our most important landmark. Giant Nipper!

nipper

@pigletsmom 

image.png

So cool! Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD 

Love San Diego!  I used to live in Orange County and my good friend (who lived in San Diego) and I had season tickets to the Old Globe Theater in Balboa Park.  Great Mexican food and weather!

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@SleeplessinSD 

Love San Diego!  I used to live in Orange County and my good friend (who lived in San Diego) and I had season tickets to the Old Globe Theater in Balboa Park.  Great Mexican food and weather!

@DiAnne , our daughter lives in a Orange Co. Balboa Park is one of our favorite places to visit too!

69DD42F7-4DC1-4F47-9EE5-9430745D0D5D.jpeg

~H~
Respected Contributor

That's it.  Giant Nipper wins.

Valued Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

My whole city is historical.   We are 60 miles north of Washington DC and 60 miles west of Baltimore Maryland.  Small, rural but sadly growing.  Frederick MD.  

I worked with a gentleman that lived in Frederick.  He was a truly nice man but I did npt envy him his commute.

Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss wrote:

@twinny70 

Welcome, neighbor.  I was born here and lived here until I was 5, but we then moved to Illinois (big mistake).  I moved back in 2015 because almost all my relatives live here.  Between my Mom's family and my Dad's family, if you throw a stone you probably would hit a relative.  

@deepwaterdotter and @twinny70, I, too, LOVE limburger.  I used to buy mine at the Swiss Colony outlet store, but have had to go to Baumgartner's since the outlet stores have been closed.  I wonder when they will open.

wismiss, I forgot about the SC Outlet Store & I worked in the Data Center for 30+ years, off and on.  When I am done with my walk, I usually ride down to the outlet store to see if they are open yet.  Not yet.  I used to buy Limburger from the outlet  & lots of other things.  I was born in this town (never left) as was my late Dad, his sister, brother, his Mom and grandma.  I had cousins, aunts and great aunts that lived here too.  I am the only family member still living here.  

Trusted Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

That's it.  Giant Nipper wins.

The sad thing is I didn't think of him first. You just sort of get used to him being there and don't notice after a while.