Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Have a Beautiful Landmark in your Area?

@aroc3435 wrote:

@cotton4me   Hello, neighbor!  I live in a single family row house in Capitol Hill SE.  The photo you took is excellent.

Long before I moved here, from the time I was a little girl, I always loved the Lincoln Memorial.  There is a replica of it (minus the pavillion in which it is enclosed) in Lincoln Park in Jersey City, NJ, where I was born and spent my first eleven years.

I also think the Washington Union Station is beautiful and is a wonderful welcome to the nation's capitol.

The cherry blossoms are also lovely and they can be found around the District proper in places less typical than the tourist mobbed tidal basin.  Usually only the locals know where these less traveled locations are.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

@aroc3435     I bet you love all that DC has to offer!

There are so many here that live in the DC metro area....so many neighbors!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@liliblu wrote:

I live in the suburbs of Maryland right outside of DC.  The DC Metro area is filled with many beautiful landmarks.  It's one of the many things I love about living here.

@liliblu   We are fortunate to live in this area....I am in Maryland outside of DC also.

I love how Maryland has the beautiful mountains, Chesapeak Bay and the ocean a few hours away.  We also get to enjoy all that Baltimore and DC have to offer.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@twinny70 

Welcome, neighbor.  I was born here and lived here until I was 5, but we then moved to Illinois (big mistake).  I moved back in 2015 because almost all my relatives live here.  Between my Mom's family and my Dad's family, if you throw a stone you probably would hit a relative.  

@deepwaterdotter and @twinny70, I, too, LOVE limburger.  I used to buy mine at the Swiss Colony outlet store, but have had to go to Baumgartner's since the outlet stores have been closed.  I wonder when they will open.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for all your replies.  It was so interesting reading about all the beautiful things Mother Nature has given us to view such as water features, stone features, mountains, etc.   All the man made bridges, covered bridges, churches, historical sites, colonial homes, and metro areas such as the area in and around NYC and Washington,D.C. sound beautiful, also.  Was pleasantly surprised to learn about all the natural beauty of New Mexico.

I would sum it up that the USA is a neat country to live in and we don't have to look very far to find beauty.  

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Regular Contributor

Great pictures, from everybody!

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

We have both natural and built landmarks, but some of them have been destroyed during my lifetime, in what seems to be the blink of an eye. 

I don't take any of them for granted.

Valued Contributor

Long's Peak in Rocky Mountain National Park - actually Mount Meeker is in front of it.

No photo description available.

Esteemed Contributor

My whole city is historical.   We are 60 miles north of Washington DC and 60 miles west of Baltimore Maryland.  Small, rural but sadly growing.  Frederick MD.  

Trusted Contributor

We have the NYS Capitol and lots of buildings like that. Too bad that those stairs have been closed for years because they are crumbling. Lots of people used to take wedding and prom pictures there.

Cap-Saratoga-NYS-Capitol-Building-00063_b3c41e6a-ce88-2828-c41cb854c9091525.jpg

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Ah I forgot our most important landmark. Giant Nipper!

nipper