Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Have More Patience The Older You Get

Are you kidding? I’ve been thinking recently my fuse is so short, I’m not sure I even have one anymore. It seems to be mostly other people. I’m saying things like “thanks for the turn signal, (unkind word),” and “jeez Louise” and “Louise” is nowhere in sight.  

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee  Bullet holes in my siding would do me in. At least he shoots toward the field and the woods beyond that. I know nothing about guns.son hunts and DH used to, but this sounds like one of those AR15. Whatever it is it's fast.  I worry more about his dogs. He feeds thwm and in cold weather takes them in but they run all over. I came home one day and had 7 in my yard. They aren't at all mean but holy pickles they are dumb. Lay in the middle od the road and won't move.We go around them but I'm afraid someday someone won't bother to avoid them.

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely-age 66

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Unfortunately, I have less patience now at 73. When I was working and raising three kids, my MIL said I had the patience of Job. Not anymore. I think it must be a learned trait developed out of necessity to keep from going cray cray.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2.......and I bet she has a lot of patience.  

My very dear dear friend.....we've been close since we first met back in the 50's.  She was stricken with polio when she was in grade school.  To this day, we just don't talk about it.  But I do know of her difficulties to this day.  Shoes....has to buy 2 pairs because one foot is larger than the other.  Has had the post polio syndrome in these later years.  Yet, she still keeps going.  Married, had a son, lost her DH to cancer, then raised her son on her own.....and now is pretty involved in the town where she lives.  I admire her so much, and love her very much.  Next year we are going to celebrate 60 year of friendship.

She is also a grandmother to 4.....including a set of twins.  Three boys, and 1 little girl.  They live in England, and she goes to visit one time a year for a whole month.  

Honored Contributor

I do with my job,  other places it depends. lol

Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe  Your friend sounds like a remarkable woman. Lack of patience aside, I'm a good human being. I would never intentionally harm another person, will do what I can to help someone that needs it etc. But I think my sister is still a much nicer person than I am.lol  About 5 years ago she was coming home and saw a homeless man near the shopping  center. Thanksgiving was 2 days away. she went to Macdonald's and got him food and a hot drink. Ask him if he was going to be there Thursday,if so she would bring him dinner on Thanksgiving. He thanked her but he was going to a shelter for dinner.She worked for the a county children's agency years ago and a baby was abused and in the hospital.  She went to the hospital after work for several nights and sat with that child because the poor little girl had no one.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2......your sister sounds like a wonderful woman.....she cares for others when she can.  That is heartwarming to know folks like your sister and my friend.....even when the have problems of their own.  My friend and I have been there for each other through thick and thin.  And we will always be that way.

Esteemed Contributor

I have patience with those who matter and patience for those who are expected to take the blame for others.

I have zero patience for ignorance and stupidity!!!!

The older I get, the shorter my fuse!

Respected Contributor

What a ridiculous question regarding patients for which I have none.