Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Have More Patience The Older You Get

While my patience level is nil I do have emphay and sympathy for people. The only situation that might lessen the amount of sympathy is one of their own making. I knew a woman, not a close friend was dating a dog. Couldn't stay zipped up to save his life.  Her friends warned her, nope, she thought he would change.  She went ahead and married him and was miserable.  While I was sorry she was unhappy I have more sympathy for situations that people have no control over.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some things yes. But some things no...for example, neighbors playing extremely loud, thumping bass music in the middle of the night then carrying on with it in their car starting early the next morning, Sunday morning to be exact.Woman Mad

There are ordinances to follow here regarding loud music. But does anyone ever follow them? My wall clock fell off the wall one day when someone drove by in a car playing loud music that thumped it's way through my house.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee   Neighbors can be the worst. We live in the country and one would think it's quiet and peacefu.  Woman on the left is less than 1/4 mile away. Can see her house and you would never know she's there. The lunatic on the right, oh Dear God. He has junk all over,  at least 10 dogs and a gun collection that would arm a small country. I don't mind his guns until he starts target practice at 11:00 at night. He goes on his back porch and we assume he has night vision goggles and shoots at targets in the field behind his house.He took 10 years off my life the first time I got woken up by rapid gunfire.It sounds like downtown Bagdad. Township won't make him clean up his property and dog warden has been called. Everyone is afraid of him.

Frequent Contributor

I've never had a lot of patience to begin with and have almost none anymore.

Honored Contributor

Depends on what it is. For BS and stupidity? No. For suffering, anguish, hopelessness, despair and how one has reached this point? Unending.

Like I said, it depends on what it is.

Honored Contributor

No, our time as we age ....need I say it?  LOL

Honored Contributor

omg @CrazyKittyLvr2 Gunshots around my neighborhood are not real common but then they are not rare either. Probably hear one or two pops at least a few times a month. In fact, I have two bullet holes in the siding of my house each came from a different occurrence. No one was hurt, thankfully.

Honored Contributor

Do I have more patience? Oh gosh no. I have just about zero patience. I hate it that I’m not more patient. I just turned 63.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I sure have much more than I used to!!  Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

My sister has more patience and sympathy than anyone I know.  She was born with a physical handicap.  Her feet were toe to toe and the bottoms of her feet were turned up. We have pictures of her as an infant with casts from her toes to hips. Had numerous surgeries through grade school. Of course this was 65 years ago and the shoes she had to wear were orothpaedic and ugly. She got hammered at school by a couple of kids. Not all of them. One foot is shorter and her feet are small, she can wear some kids shoes. She has always worked, married, had kids. I think sometimes, not always, people handed a horrrible hand can either be bitter or they are extremely sympathic of others. MyMother always told both of us that the ones making fun of my sister "They don't know how they might end up before their life is over"