Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Have Any New Year's Eve Traditions?

We used to walk down to "First Night" activities back home if the weather wasn't freezing cold.

Now we usually have something with the kids-light appetizers and such.

It won't be happening this year, of course.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819  We don't do any 'traditions' either, other than a glass (or two) of champagne. Before going to bed, we always take down the Christmas wreath from the front door. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

On New Year's Eve of 1981 until just a couple of weeks before New Year's Eve in 1999 it was my wedding anniversary.  Now my tradition is to be Happy and Party like it's 1999!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

With the exception of probably 2 years in the 36 years DH and I have been together, we have always gone out.  We used to go to more formal parties at a hall with a number of friends and then when everyone started having kids, we started going to house parties.  For the last 10 years or so, we've gone out to a bar or private club for a party. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

No traditions really.  Generally we do as others stated, stay home and cook a nice dinner.

However I am into the champagne way before midnight Smiley Happy  LOL

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I fall asleep before the new year arrives.

LOL!!! I was just gonna say that. I try so hard to stay up but end up falling a sleep.

Honored Contributor

I usually get together with a few friends, we order pizza and play cards with Rockin New Years Eve on TV in the background....and babysit her poor cat thats terrified of fireworks that neighbors set off....

Adorable Cats Excited to Celebrate New Years Eve - Cat Fancast

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I usually stay home and watch the fireworks on top of Pikes Peak. I have a beautiful view of that from my deck. Hope we have clear skies.

lars-leber-nye-fireworks.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Yes. Our tradition is to decide each year what we feel like doing, and then doing that. We love it. Some years we are at home, some years out. Some years Champagne, some years not. Some years staying up, some years making something special to eat, some years not paying attention to any of it.

This year, staying home seems the obviously sensible thing to do. We'll think of some way to make it good when the time comes. I'm sure in agreement with you all about looking forward to 2021. Cheers in advance to all of you!

Trusted Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

No traditions really.  Generally we do as others stated, stay home and cook a nice dinner.

However I am into the champagne way before midnight Smiley Happy  LOL

@LindaSal 

I like your style!