Valued Contributor

Re: Do You Have An HCA Hospital?

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner.  I'd trust anyone over these large corporate entities that are buying hospitals and medical facilities.  I've had a couple of really bad experiences with providers with $$$ signs in their eyes.

Our medical system is in big trouble.  I've heard reports about other big hospital systems. 

None of my medical providers are associated with HCA but there are group practices.  I agree that all they care about is $$$.  I made an appointment with a different  doctor within the same practice with a different specialty so was I was not a new patient.   I had to reschedule because my ride had to cancel. I had to cancel the second appointment because I was really ill. I had to cancel the third appointment because I was still sick and told them I would call back when I knew I was 100% better.  I did not cancel at the last minute and gave them a 2 or 3 day notice. I called a couple of weeks ago to reschedule and was told I could not.  I was perplexed because I couldn't imagine why and she said that if you reschedule 3 appointments in a row you cannot reschedule again!  What???!!!  So much for the Hipporatic Oath!  

Honored Contributor

@Melzie wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner.  I'd trust anyone over these large corporate entities that are buying hospitals and medical facilities.  I've had a couple of really bad experiences with providers with $$$ signs in their eyes.

Our medical system is in big trouble.  I've heard reports about other big hospital systems. 

None of my medical providers are associated with HCA but there are group practices.  I agree that all they care about is $$$.  I made an appointment with a different  doctor within the same practice with a different specialty so was I was not a new patient.   I had to reschedule because my ride had to cancel. I had to cancel the second appointment because I was really ill. I had to cancel the third appointment because I was still sick and told them I would call back when I knew I was 100% better.  I did not cancel at the last minute and gave them a 2 or 3 day notice. I called a couple of weeks ago to reschedule and was told I could not.  I was perplexed because I couldn't imagine why and she said that if you reschedule 3 appointments in a row you cannot reschedule again!  What???!!!  So much for the Hipporatic Oath!  

So basically they fired you.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

We could solve many of our problems by looking at where money is being spent, who’s making a profit, just how much, and who they are “influencing” to keep it that way.
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I don't know 🤷‍♀️

I would certainly trust that news source over a hospital trying to cover up malpractice.

Bizarre isn't it?

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
@Sooner

We could solve many of our problems by looking at where money is being spent, who’s making a profit, just how much, and who they are “influencing” to keep it that way.

@bikerbabe And we have more people, more costs, more infrastructure, needs increased revenue streams, high-tech test, much of our medicine and equipment made out of the country and is a money drain and no source for more taxes, etc.  

Honored Contributor

No. None around here.

Respected Contributor

Yes, where I used to live in Miami Dade County.  One of the worst and IMO avoid if you can for anything serious.

I understand where I'm living now there is a bew HCA going up.  NOT.

However with this said all the hospitals are changing and not for the better. Ugh.

Honored Contributor

@granddi 

Interesting, thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Mine is an HMO, but I have gotten good care.  I sometime have to insist on something, and they come through.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@teganslaw. How would you feel about a doctor or dentist whose practice was owned by a for-profit corporation?

As medical providers retire, corporations are buying the practices and hiring second rate doctors who come at you like sharks.  When choosing a new provider, the first question should be, "who owns this practice"?

Agreed!  My primary has been bought out by a big medical corporation in our area.  He's older and I really like him but he's in his mid 70s and I can see him retiring soon. 

Before I used him my primary wouldn't even look at me when I saw him but instead was glued to his computer screen asking me if I had this test & that vaccine, etc. all the while almost ignoring me for the reason that I was there.

My eye doctor who I have been going to and have a scheduled appointment soon has just been bought out by a bigger group....sigh...now I have to fill out all sorts of information even though I have been seeing him for decades!

My dentist is the only hold out so far.  He's about 10 years younger than me and it's just him and his receptionist. He's still like an old fashioned medical professional and when I come in and I never have to wait.  He has a busy practice but schedules his patients so we don't have to wait....how unusual is that?