Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Do You Have A Song Stuck In Your Head

I have Andy Grammer's song Good To Be Alive from the Norwegian Cruise commercial running around in my head, on a loop.  I liked the song, but since the commercial, not so much! It reminds me of The Goldbergs  this past week. The Goldbergs minus Adam and Lainie 's dad are stuck in traffic, the CD player is broken, and all they hear is The Pina Colada song playing over and over again!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Have A Song Stuck In Your Head

This happens to me once in a while.

This reminds me of the worst time, the longest time, that I had a song keep playing in my head.  It was a long, long time ago.  I remember because it was when I started my job in social services back in 1972.  I had been watching the old movie "Inherit the Wind" on television.  (Very good movie, by the way).

It has a scene it it in which the song "Give Me that old Time Religion" plays for quite a while.  Well, that song got stuck in my brain, and for weeks and weeks, it just played on and on.

I like the song, but you definitely don't want that playing in your brain for very long. 

So many years ago, and I still remember it.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 - If you have to have one stuck in your head, that's a good one. Andy is a nice person!

For me, after spending time over the holidays with our baby great-nephews, it's  this one - which can be REALLY annoying after a while! Smiley Wink

BABY SHARK

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom   your post made me think of this video ---> Little Girl, Alexa, & Baby Shark

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

I do. I was watching a British mystery, and heard the song Silver Dagger ,yesterday, and I can' get it out of my head

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@beach-mom   your post made me think of this video ---> Little Girl, Alexa, & Baby Shark

@Tique - That's adorable! And she is as well! Thank you for sharing it! 

Every once in a while I find myself singing it. The only thing that saved me on the seven hour trip home was listening to Christmas carols! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was on You Tube 2 days ago looking up a particular song and while I was there I pulled up Roy Orbison and clicked on "Crying", it is still going around and around in my head.  I happen to be a fan of Roy Orbison and as far as I am concerned, his version of the song is the best.  "The touch of your hand starts me crying, crying, crying."   Over and over, again and again.  Woman Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Seeing the trailers for "If Beale St. Could Talk"- I can't get the song "Killing Me Softly With His Song" by Roberta Flack, out of my mind.  Not a bad thing though!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2

Twice in the past couple months I've had this happen, and didn't remember ever hearing the songs.

Turns out, I heard them at the grocery store.    The Muzak could barely be heard ....  but it was audible! 

Respected Contributor

Oh yeah ..,

That “Oo La La” one on the Alexa commercial when the girl goes off to college.

Had to add that one to my song list!! 

-Texas Hill Country-