Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Have A Sam's Club? (or similar) What Do You Get There?

@geegerbee wrote:

So is that correct that I could buy a Costco gift card and shop there without being a member?

Someone who is a member has to buy the card for you.

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

Sam's.  I buy paper towels, body wash, toothpaste, listerine, trash bags, sponges, laundry detergent, magic erasers, kitchen and bathroom cleaners, boneless legs of lamb, and frozen lobster tails and scallops.  

@RazorSharp

Oh, I LOVE Sam's lobster tails and scallops. The scallops are huge and soooo sweet!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I've been a member at Costco for years.  I buy so much there.

Last year I received a one-day pass for Sam's in the mail.  Just for the heck of it, I went in and looked around.  It was a very nice store - much smaller than the Costco I shop at.  I wound up getting a lot of things that I use.

Sam's is much closer than Costco for me.  I still go to Costco more though.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have a Sam's and a Costco within about 15 minutes of my home but I'm not going to pay to shop in anyone's store.

We don't have Costco, but Sam's is here. I don't end up paying anything for my membership each year with the various cash back features of their credit programs (which I don't carry a balance on, so no interest) 

I get things there that aren't available elsewhere, and they have better meat and produce than other groceries in our area.

I do know people who will pay for Amazon Prime, but not a warehouse membership. I guess it depends on what works for each individual.