Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Have A Nest or Other Doorbell With Camera?

Thanks to all!  It's nice to get actual users experiences! 

Esteemed Contributor

Ours is connected to our security system. Itś also connected to our phones and we

can

see every where, the back yard, the sides and the front. A few of the neighbors also

have the same system. We were told that if anything happens they will be able to

check the neighbors systems also to get information.

What i like about it also, is that we dont need keys. When we are leaving we push the

lock icon on the front of the key pad on the front door and when we get back, we put

the code in and it

opens the door. Once we are inside we then turn the system off from the

keypad.

Also if someone (a stranger) comes in behind us, there is a code we can put in the

keypad inside to alert the authorities and the person would think we are turning off the

alarm. So far, we like it.

Honored Contributor

We have the Ring doorbell at the front door and the Ring spotlight on the back deck.  I had previously been give a Point/Tilt/Zoom camera for the front porch.  The Ring is MUCH easier to install and get up and running.  But the PTZ camera allows me to move the camera to see different areas if I like.  For some reason probably having to do with our router I am no longer able to access it away from my home network, but it does have motion detection which records to one of my home computers.  So, I'm kinda covered on two fronts.  Most people don't realize there's another camera on the front porch even if they recognize the Ring.  

I have not had much luck talking through the Ring though.  I tried to talk to hubby sitting out on the deck.  His voice came through just fine, but mine broke up for some reason, so I'm not counting too much on that function.

Honored Contributor

I live in highrise ... we have camera/intercom to front door.  So worthwhile having.  If I lived in private house, I'd get one that hooks up to phone or TV.

Honored Contributor

We have ring for the doorbell...we use Arlo for cameras and other technology.  It has been so useful in the house and also when we travel.  I wasn't sold on purchasing either, but now I wouldn't live without.

Honored Contributor

We are putting cameras on the outside of the house, have some we installed on the inside that we turn on when we are on vacation.  We will be looking at ADT and some others because we have ADT alarms on the windows and doors.

It's one of those things that is hard to decide what to do!  I appreciate all of your input.  BUT I'm getting something on the doorbell real soon!   I don't think that would impact the other outside camera system whatever we decide. 

Honored Contributor

Our place doesn't even have a doorbell. When we built our cottage we opted not to get one. We really don't have a "front" door. We do have multiple cameras around though.

"Pure Michigan"