Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Have A Bucket List?

@Perkup wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

I have only one thing on my Bucket List......and that is to beat the heck out of this melanoma I have.......  Before I can do anything else, this is a battle I want to win......

Am starting a new chemo tomorrow morning, so hopefully this will do the winning for me......

I am sure there are hundreds of others here who can only say we care and we stand with you in seeing your melanoma gone forever. God bless you in this battle and keep you strong of heart and mind.  

Well Perkup......my first response to you never made it here.  Don't know what happened.

But wanted to thank you for your kind words.  They do mean a lot.........  Am a little anxious about tomorrow morning, but am sure they will take good care of me.  They have so far.  Go in at 10:30, and it usually takes about 1 1/2 hours.  Done by infusion. 

Will be driving myself......but will be coming straight home.......especially since it is the first of a new kind of treatment.  They say this is a form of chemo.  But not as toxic as the Yervoy was. 

Once again, thanks for your kind words. 

Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

I have only one thing on my Bucket List......and that is to beat the heck out of this melanoma I have.......  Before I can do anything else, this is a battle I want to win......

Am starting a new chemo tomorrow morning, so hopefully this will do the winning for me......

I'm sorry to read this Showme..Woman Sad 

Attitude is important and you appear to have a good one.

Yes, I have been battling this since the first part of the year.  Believe me, it was a shocker......  Have had some treatment, and am in need of more.  The first was Yervoy, and that was  pretty toxic stuff......  Had 4 treatments 4 weeks apart, with visits to the oncologist inbetween.  Plus 2 brain MRI's, and now 2 full body PET scans, the whole biopsy procedure with ultra sound, and a number of mammograms.  That is how it was found in the first place.  A lymph node was enlarged under my right arm and went into the area of the film on the mammo.  That got the whole ball rolling.  It has been no picnic tosay the least.  Still get tired very easily and still do not have much want for any kind of food.....but really only eat what I can and when I can.  Have lost over 20 lbs. since the first of the year, and they don't want cancer patients to lose weight when getting treatments.  It is very hard on the immune system. 

Tomorrow will be a different kind of treatment......it is a form of chemo, where the Yervoy was not. 

You are correct.......attitude is important when battling a physical ailement. 

Esteemed Contributor

Showme,

I don't know what to say..

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

ShowMe:  I am sorry to read about your battle with melanoma.  I know that there have been some advancements in treatment for this in the past couple of years.  We have a dear friend that took Yervoy and is now on Keytruda.  He has had luck with tumor shrinkage. He is at Moffett in Tampa Florida, where he took part in the clinical study for Yervoy. I will pray that you have success with whatever treatment you are beginning tomorrow.

Yes, there have been many new advancements in treating melanoma.  Yerboy was the first one that I took.  It is really very toxic, and potent.  Could not take any of the other treatments before taking the Yervoy......so tomorrow I will be starting with OPDIVO (?).  Will be getting a treatment once every 2 weeks by IV......and that takes about 1 1/2 hours.  My oncologist said he will have another bull body PET scan done in 4 weeks to see how this is working on me......  And, he said there are several other kinds of treatments they can do too.  I'm not giving up on this battle.....and hope your friend doesn't either. 

How is  your friend doing since the clinical study treatments?????    How is he doing on the Keytruda?????   How many treatments does that involve? 

Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Showme,

I don't know what to say..

You really don't have to say anything......maybe just a silent prayer. 

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Show Me,

We haven't bumped into each other much lately, so when I saw your name on this line, I jumped in.

I've been thinking about you quite often.  I see you are starting a new chemo round tomorrow, I will be with you in spirit.  I'm pulling for you... prayers, of course Heart

Good evening Noel......haven't been ignoring your post, but felt I needed to respond to some others......  Yes tomorrow will be the beginning of a new treatment.  Thank goodness I don't have to fiddle with a port.  It is all done by IV which is so much easier for me to handle........   Thanks for being there (here) for me and yes, please continue with the prayers.  They are so important.

And after all, I want to take care of my "BUCKET LIST"........

You know where I hang out most of the time, so you can always post to me there......

Honored Contributor

When I was younger I had all these big travel plans, but as I age not so much. I find travel can be stressful and it's always been expensive, I'm happy where I am.

Esteemed Contributor

No. I've never had the desire to make one. And books like 10,000 Places to See Before You Die annoy me.
Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I'm happy just living each day for today.  I've had a great life and there really isn't anything I every wanted or wished I could do. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am thinking of you today, ShowMe.  Our friend had a hard time on Yervoy.  He was beginning to lose his eyesight and had to go off it.  I don't know how many treatments the Keytruda involves.  It seemed like every 6 weeks - I could be wrong.  He is in Florida and we are back "up north" for the summer.  The last we heard was that 2 of his 3 tumors were stable, but one is still growing.  He has a double whammy of having RA and is off all his meds for that because of the counterindications with his immunity chemo drugs.  He is in terrible pain.  He is 50 years old with a wife and 4 year old daughter.  He is fighting this with all he has and with the help of the good Lord.  I will have to Google the drug you are on. 

Prayers with you today!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!