Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Have A Bucket List?

[ Edited ]

I never really had a bucket list, nor did I have any grandiose expectations for my life.  I've always been happy with and apprecitive of the things I have and the people I love close.  Maybe I never aimed high enough, but it worked beautifully for me. Extras and surprises were unexpected and wonderful.

As for my bucket, at almost 81, my bucket is a little rusty and has a hole in it.

Esteemed Contributor

Nah!  I carry mine on top of my neck.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

As for my bucket, at almost 81, my bucket is a little rusty and has a hole in it.

I know many people that are into their 80s+  and still work, traveling and enjoying life doing all kinds of things.  They just keep on doing and living.  Their age does not stop them from living.  

One that is 89 just came back from a long trip that he drove himself.  Went across several States and back.  He's talking about heading out again.

Another female friend travels out and about into other States too.  She drives a large moble home.

Everytime I travel on cruses there are people in wheel chairs traveling, and enjoying life along with everyone else.  

The point is keep active with your life because you might live to be 115 years old.  

Trusted Contributor

LOL I chuckled to this......I think that sums it up for me as well!  Thanks for the laugh!

Esteemed Contributor

I know lots who do.  Just wish we could take a vacation.  Haven't been able to afford one in 17 years.

Respected Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

I know lots who do.  Just wish we could take a vacation.  Haven't been able to afford one in 17 years.

A vacation is all how you view it.  Or how you live it.  

Last week my husband invited me outside on the porch for a tiny together time.   He had a large bucket...just like a man....and had peanuts in a bag.  Asked me to join him, to watch the grand outdoors and have a visit together.  We sat on the porch eating peanuts, talking about this, and that, and had a nice vacation together that day.  To me that was a special vacation with that peanut bucket sitting on the porch with that man I love.  

Another time I placed a soft blanket on the floor and served our dinner.  The plates was round bread and we had more round bread for our spoon.  I served noodles with meat with cheese and grapes.  It was our tiny vacation away from the normal time having dinner at home. 

Best to play and change things a little here and there.  Pretend a little.  

Honored Contributor

When we were little girls, my sister and I frequently said, "someday, I'm going to go there."  I remember some of the places were Hawaii, the Vatican, Buckingham Palace, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the Pyramids along the Nile, the Taj Mahal, Pompeii, the Blue Grotto, the Eiffel Tower, the Trevi Fountain. (you can see a theme as most were either in our geography books or in a romantic movie from the 1950's)

I've visited all but the Taj Mahal.  All of them lived up to my childhood expectations.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

I have only one thing on my Bucket List......and that is to beat the heck out of this melanoma I have.......  Before I can do anything else, this is a battle I want to win......

Am starting a new chemo tomorrow morning, so hopefully this will do the winning for me......

ShowMe:  I am sorry to read about your battle with melanoma.  I know that there have been some advancements in treatment for this in the past couple of years.  We have a dear friend that took Yervoy and is now on Keytruda.  He has had luck with tumor shrinkage. He is at Moffett in Tampa Florida, where he took part in the clinical study for Yervoy. I will pray that you have success with whatever treatment you are beginning tomorrow.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I do...after working 50 years as a nurse...it is my prescription for us. I have been fortunate to spend a great deal of time in Italy and I love it and Its people. However, there are two places on my bucket list....South African countries and a safari which we did in 2013 and included walking with the lions...my second trip will be in January for a month in Australia and NZ....after, that I am done and would live in Italy full time were it not for my family living here and health care. So we hope to live there a half year, God willing.
Respected Contributor

I'm realizing one of the things on my list this year-going to Hawaii.

I also want to hold a baby quail in my hand

I want to pet a wolf, a tiger, and a lion.

I'd like to go to Italy and Paris.

My list changes often as things I've dreamed about come true.  

~Enough is enough~