Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Get Sad This Time Of Year

@Solar Is My Name wrote:

@gidgetghI am so sorry! I hope health for your family will improve.

@Solar Is My Name - it won't, but thank you for posting. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I hate to sound like sad Sally, but I am tremendously sad right now. Just totally overwhelmed. 

My husband is not doing well at all (2 calls to 911 in the last 7 days, while we were out trying to do things)  and I am just beside myself. 

Christmas and the New Year can't leave fast enough. I just want to get in bed and curl up in the fetal position. So much sadness and stress. 

@gidgetgh, I am so sorry.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

My soul crys for my son ,shane,and my husband, that is every day, i compare how great christmas use to be,and how lonely it is now.

That is a heavy burden of grief, @goldensrbest

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I have always gotten sad this time of year missing everyone in my life who have passed.  I really am sad losing my DH 9 years ago Christmas day.  I still feel him every day.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky  I totally understand and feel the same way.  My dear  husband passed about  two weeks before Christmas.  I try to keep extra busy but the holidays will never be the same.

Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I have always gotten sad this time of year missing everyone in my life who have passed.  I really am sad losing my DH 9 years ago Christmas day.  I still feel him every day.

I lost mine 20 years ago, day after Xmas, so I know what you mean. My sweet niece, closest to me, is now in a coma dying of cancer, and I cannot get into the spirit. When they had the big sale about 3 months ago, I bought her about 15 outfits. My other niece one of her sisters sent a picture of the two of them together, and the sick one ,her clothes were just hanging on her. I knew when QVC has sales they are usually size small and extra small. I got busy, and made sure when she went for chemo or Dr visit, she had decent clothes. These were Makie, Stewart. Rivers, Quaker, good things, she loved everyone of them. Got onAmazon, and bought her caps suggested and designed by cancer survivers. also cases of Carnation Instant Drink. If you have anyone with cancer, buy them things to wear or drink, they are not able to get out to shop. All in all, my purchases cost me about $200.00, woth every penny, and I'm on a fixed income. But have a satisfied heart. Bless all of you on Xmas Day.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I tend to get nostalgic this time of year and it can make me sad.  I avoid the New Year's Eve hoopla as I don't like all of the "looking back" stuff that happens in all the media.

I think there is just a lot of pressure for people to be happy-happy during the Holidays and it can make people feel that there's something wrong with them if they're not feeling it.

I like New Year's Day.  A new year!  A fresh start!  

I totally agree about New Year's Eve, it can be a real bummer.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Yea.

⚓️
Honored Contributor

I try not to think a lot about the old days, what used to be, etc., and have lowered my expectations to meet what is realistic about the holidays.  It's the only way I see to cope. 

Super Contributor

I feel for all of you who have lost loved ones and/or are sad for other reasons. My mom was sickest, before she passed, at Christmastime, so, yes, I know how you're feeling and am sad, also. Love to you all. 💗