Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Get Dressed Everyday

Working at home, I no longer get "dressed" up.  I did in the very beginning of working from home.  I wanted to make myself as if there wasn't really wasn't a change and that would appear as I would on campus.  Eventually that changed.  I no longer wear makeup.  And I dress in sweatshirts & jeans. The twice a week when I go to the campus in the afternoon, I don't get too dressed up. I do wear makeup on those occasions.  We never worked with the public, so the dress code was relaxed.

Esteemed Contributor

Pajamas for me is a sleeveness nightgown and I don't own a robe! When I get up I put on a pair of yoga pants or light sweatpants and long sleeve t-shirt or sweatshirt. If the weather is bad and I'm staying home, that might be what I wear all day, but usually I clean up a bit and put on some warm leggings and fresh sweatshirt...and always a little blush, and mascara. It just makes me feel better.

Super Contributor

No, I only get dressed if I am going out and when I come back it is off with the clothes and on with the nightgown/PJs.

Esteemed Contributor

I get dressed everyday and find a place to go even if it is for milk.  I cannot stay in.  

Valued Contributor

I left the house in pajamas once (don't judge, my coffee maker broke and I was desperate. Really desperate). I figured I would get in the car via attached garage, go through the McDonalds drive through; figured no one would see me.  Wouldn't you know it..l locked myself out of the house. Lesson learned; NEVER leave the house in pajamas! 

Respected Contributor

@Mellyg wrote:

I left the house in pajamas once (don't judge, my coffee maker broke and I was desperate. Really desperate). I figured I would get in the car via attached garage, go through the McDonalds drive through; figured no one would see me.  Wouldn't you know it..l locked myself out of the house. Lesson learned; NEVER leave the house in pajamas! 

Ok, @Mellyg, that sounds like something that would happen to me.  LOL!  It figures, doesn't it?!!  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

Yes, I get dressed everyday.  But not dressed like I did back when I was working.  There are days today that I do just put on a pair of jeans and a simple tee shirt and that is it.

I do have to say that one day earlier this year during the hard shut down we had an unusually cold, brutal spring day with howling winds.  DH and I both decided to stay in our pjs and spent the morning watching movies and drinking hot chocolate.  It was fun and we enjoyed doing it, despite everything going on at the time.  Hmm....maybe we need to do that again? 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Esteemed Contributor

I stay in my PJ’s .... nice & comfortable 😉

Honored Contributor

Yes I do.  I also put on make up.  Just somehting I do to keep a chec on myself.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe a topic for a new thread but do most of us shower everyday during these times?  I do every morning and put on clean clothes (whether they are PJs or not) afterwards, but my other family members do not.