Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Get Dressed Everyday

@Jordan2, you talking about always having your mom get dressed, I use to do home health, and last client was in her 90s.  Now, she was spry, but she got dressed every day. Usually she dressed herself, but there at the end, I'd help her- she wanted to be dresed in more than just a nightgown or robe. I think its good if one is able to get dressed.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I take a shower every morning and get dressed, no matter whether I'm going anywhere special. I can't stand to be in pajamas all day and I don't even own a pair of yoga pants or leggings. Covid or no covid, I can't stand looking like a slob. That makes me feel like one.

Esteemed Contributor

I dress everyday at home, but only in comfortable clothing. Sickness is the one thing that prevents me from doing so.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Super Contributor

To each his own, but I shower and get dressed every day. I also associate staying in pajamas all day with being very sick, and I don't want anything to do with that. Even when I was sick with cancer I got dressed every single day. The time when we can't get up and about will come soon enough, so I plan to be up and moving around while I can. Interesting seeing everyone's responses.

Super Contributor

When my kids were young and at home, I told them they needed to be up and dressed if they wanted to go with me.  I would go on a moments notice and they learned to be ready just in case I was going some place exciting.  I'm pretty sure they get dressed every day.    I always got up and dressed so I could go out if I needed to.  Last spring I had some health issues and spent a lot of time in my pj's.  No, I didn't have covid.  As my health improved, I spent less time in my pj's. Now I get up, shower, and dress and am ready to go.  

Esteemed Contributor

nope.

Respected Contributor

I always dress.  I got sick of pants, so now it is woven cotton midis and sensible shoes.

Always cologne, never makeup, unless I am going out.

I have a buzz cut because of the pandemic, so sometimes a wig, sometimes not.  I have a baseball cap with hair attached in case of emergency.

Honored Contributor

Working from home since March.  I get dressed every morning and take the dogs out.   The only time I would stay in pajamas is if I'm feeling too sick to get dressed.

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

@Lucky Charm Laughed at your last line. Reminded me when big sis picked me up from Friday night skate night. Newly licensed, she dented someone's front panel. The mom was in her nightgown and waved my sis on. Said she'll blame it on her hubs. Okay, whatever, but grateful for the nightgown. My sis was so upset.  

Luckily, he only bumped me, but had those bumpers on his SUV that pushes vehicles off the road.

Regardless, he wanted me to get out to make sure that there was not damage to my SUV.

I had on a pair of black velour pants that definitely were pajama bottoms.

But I had a pair of leopard print kitten heels on, so it kind of threw off the look of pjs.

Trusted Contributor

Dressed because I'm in a professional setting. But even at home, days off, whatever, I get dressed, makeup, etc. It's just who I am. To not do so means I'm ill. Grew up with that attitude as well from all the women in my family so, there it is.

"Coming to ya from Florida"