Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Get Dressed Everyday

Yes. I have many days that take a lot of effort to take a shower and get dressed but I do it. I’d love a pj day but I’d still have to take a shower and once I’ve done that I can’t put my pjs back on. 

Esteemed Contributor

I clean up each day and for decades my routine is to get up and dress for work, church, errands or cleaning days or the business of hosting holidays. Recently I purchased more casual clothes for pending retirement; patio wear, wraps, jog pants, workout capris, hoodies... you name it, and I plan to wear these. I do keep hair salon appointments, wear make up and keep nails polished. No changes there - but I'll do that for me.

Whatever anyone wants to do is okay with me as long as they aren't toxic to me. If someone wore PJs to the store, I probably wouldn't look twice. After 2020, I'm ready to chill and go with kindness all around.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

We are both retired and try to schedule trips to the doctor, stores and errands on different days to get ready and dressed.

However on cold and bad weather days, it's a well-earned pleasure to stay in pjs and/or leisure wear all day long.

Honored Contributor

Yeah - I live in a highrise apartment building.  I'm not about to go get my mail or empty my trash while wearing pajamas!

Plus - even on days I have nothing on the agenda - I usually have to run quick errands during the day.  It's just much more convenient to get up, get dress, do hair and makeup - and I'm ready for just about anything.

Honored Contributor

Yes, and I get "dressed up " at least twice a week. I'm not a pajama wearer, but I have expanded my at-home tops and bottoms selection!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Of course!  I shower and do makeup daily and put clean clothing on.  If I didn't I would feel so unkempt and slobby!!!  

Honored Contributor

I've been known to water out front before sunrise in a nightgown or jammies.  The only people out that early are dog walkers usually and they sometimes have on something similar.  Men included.

And as for my back yard, there's no time limit to have to be dressed, it's private and no one can see in unless it's the Coast Guard or a banner plane.

I've owned a few lounging outfits/pjs that I have worn to bed, but also gone out with them on.  Once I was going to drop something off at someone's house and told her that I'm wearing jammies and not getting out of the car--so be prepared to meet me outside in the driveway.

And wouldn't that be the day that a state trooper rear-ended me at a red light....

Honored Contributor

For personal reasons, I equate wearing pajamas all day with being not being healthy in some way.

I wear very casual but nice-looking stuff -- jeans of some kind and a top. I have to admit to loving to get into my PJs in the late afternoon or right after dinner. My husband doesn't even notice either way. :-)

When I have been very sick several times in the last couple of years, I might stay in my P.J. until I could muster up the strength to take a bath or shower. Then I prefer to put on a fresh pair to sleep in.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm Laughed at your last line. Reminded me when big sis picked me up from Friday night skate night. Newly licensed, she dented someone's front panel. The mom was in her nightgown and waved my sis on. Said she'll blame it on her hubs. Okay, whatever, but grateful for the nightgown. My sis was so upset.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Heck, sometimes I wear my pajamas to work!