Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Find Today Long And Boring

@Stray wrote:

No Sunday is boring during football season! 

@Stray you must root for a good team. I'm a Jets fan, sitting through the game is excruciating, yes I know I don't have to watch, but now I'm rooting against them to get rid of Adam Gase the coach and to get the #1 pick in the draft!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 

I can't even remember the last decade when I have ever been bored. To answer your question. No.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Jordan2 

I can't even remember the last decade when I have ever been bored. To answer your question. No.

hckynut 

Well, @hckynut you are truly blessed.

Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

I don't like the time change. For years I have wished they would just put an end to daylight savings. It gets dark so early and I am the type of person who gets easily depressed if I have too much darkness. Rainy,gloomy days are not my friend.Thankfully, at the moment, we are having a beautiful sunny day with temps in the low 70's.

@Sapphiregal, my brain must be fried. I'm not understanding why you would want the end of daylight savings if you don't like early darkness. Wouldn't you then prefer daylight savings?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

No, it's only one hour.

I spent the "extra" hour in bed reading this morning with the TV on.

Now when we traveled to Europe and Asia, the time difference made a big difference.  It took me a day or two to get used to it.

I can fly to the west coast and the three hour difference doesn't bother me either.

I feel that if the clock fairy changed the clocks while we slept one hour either way and we didn't know....we wouldn't feel any different or suspect anything.

As one that relies on light cues to help keep me on schedule I would certainly suspect something and would feel off kilter until I adjusted.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I loved having the light in the morning. I don't mind it getting dark earlier in the evening.

Sundays are always boring around here when there is football. I like to get up and go and be active. Unfortunately I cannot drive anymore and depend on mr henny to be my chauffeur.

Valued Contributor

Nope. In the morning I made arrangements to take my new laptop in for repair tomorrow. This does not please me at all. Today was the last day for early voting in Broward county, my county in Florida. I had hoped all the early birds would already have been out and voted...no. Everyone was out this afternoon. It's was in the mid to upper 80's with high humidity. Waiting outside in a long line was annoying. The advertised 15 minute wait was closer to 4-6 times that amount. Like waiting at the DMV.  Representatives for local political candidates and Biden were working the people in line waiting to vote; pushing their candidate. I was infuriated and told them to get out of my space. I've never seen anything like that! It will be interesting to see what percentage of registered voters actually cast ballots when the election is over. After voting, I decided to do some grocery shopping at Walmart. As usual, they are out of stock for many items I wanted. I had to make another stop at my local Publix on the way home to pick up the missing items. I should learn to just skip Walmart.

Long day and it's dark too early.

Valued Contributor

@Xivambala Glad I went to vote this morning. 15 minutes. No problem. Broward County.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

I don't like the time change. For years I have wished they would just put an end to daylight savings. It gets dark so early and I am the type of person who gets easily depressed if I have too much darkness. Rainy,gloomy days are not my friend.Thankfully, at the moment, we are having a beautiful sunny day with temps in the low 70's.

@Sapphiregal 

Daylight Savings Time is what just ended. We are now in Standard Time. If you don't like early darkness, then you don't want to do away with Daylight Savings Time, you want to do away with Standard Time.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

I knew it would rain today and I had to put Halloween decorations away. I got the tree decorations from the outside garage yesterday and put my 7 foot slim glistening tree up. I like to enjoy a tree awhile and do it early. 
  It's a Fall/Winter theme with various birds mostly glass ornaments that I've had but haven't used in years. 
  I must say the time flew by as I was decorating! My dog kept reminding me the sun was out, rain gone so we could walk.

Setting the timers and finding remotes took up more time. I had set clocks but have lights on timers. But the day passed fast because I was busy.

🎄🕊🦢🦜🕯✨