Honored Contributor

I've only been this age for a couple of weeks so I don't know if I feel my age.  Pretty much feel like I did at the other age.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

@Zukie wrote:

When I turned 50, a decade and a half ago, my mantra was (and still is) " Old enough to know better, but young enough not to care".   Personally, I do not feel my age.  In my head I still feel like I am in my 30's/40's.  I enjoyed those years.  Do I look my age? Probably, but I feel that I am the person I am meant to be.  I have evolved into this person that I am.  I take care of myself better now.  I have learned how to take care of and prevent my aches and pains.

When I play the music of my life ( from the 60's, 70's, 80's and today), my fur babies look at me in wonder, especially when I play air guitar and dance.  

@Zukie  LOVE YOUR REPLY.   We are about the same age.  I still feel like I'm in my 30s.  I'm happy, dance in my kitchen, and appreciate everything and everyone in my life.  Every stage of your like can be wonderful if you have good genes, good luck and very importantly, a good attitude.  

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Next year I'll be turning the big 5-0

I don't feel that old.

I still think of myself as being in my 30's.

There are things that I need to take care of.

Life insurance is one, but with no family, who to name as my beneficiary?

Will is another, but again, who do I leave my krap to?

Also, my very first colonoscopy.

I can't believe that next year I'll be 50.

So, do you ever feel your age, or do you think of yourself as being younger than your actual years?

Is there some sort of a chart that you can provide showing each age and how one is supposed to feel? I honestly don't understand your question.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

The times when I feel my age is when I say or do something around a much younger person and they have no clue about what I said or what I did.icon_rolleyes (1).gif  It's the gap in generations which makes me feel older...or younger depending on which way you look at it.

Honored Contributor

I feel like I am 20 with 100 year old knees.

I am fortunate to not have any other health issues, but I wore out my knees. That has physically slowed me down. 

Honored Contributor

I have no idea what my age (61) is supposed to feel like.  I just know I see a lot of people younger than me replacing knees and such or not getting around well and that just motivates me to keep going to the gym.  Now, at the gym I see people older than me who are in better shape than I, more motivation to keep going.

I can tell my stamina is not what it used to be especially in the summer when I'm trying to get yard work done, especially the annual trimming of the hollies.  

If you don't have someone you feel responsible for I wouldn't bother with life insurance.  I'm also leery of those pre-paid funeral plans since I have seen that often they renig on what they promised after you die and the family ends up getting stuck with it.  

One thing you might look into is some sort of long-term care options since it appears you don't have someone to care for you in your old age.  I don't know you and don't follow your posts so I'm just going by your original post.  If you have a financial advisor check into LTC insurance, although those are also known to really escalate in price once you hit the golden age.  We do have one of those, but my financial advisor is really pushing me to go with another option.  Otherwise, you could end up draining your finances if you have to go to a nursing facility.  For Medicaid to kick in to pay for it you pretty much have to be destitute and you can't just give it away before needing it.  They look back 5 years now, and if they determine that you have given it away they will want that money back.  

However, if you have no one you feel strongly about leaving your assets to, draining your assets to take care of your needs in old age might be just fine.  Somebody's paying for it one way or another.  

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just realistic.  

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819How about a charity??  

I notice changes being in my 50's...for one meno!  And all that brings changes....certainly do not feel 20.

Honored Contributor

Why would you need life insurance?  Who would be your beneficiary?

Honored Contributor

I don't know.  What is 59 supposed to feel like?  I have some chronic health issues but nothing serious and nothing that people who are younger than I am can't have.  I don't think much about age. perhaps because age is pretty much a non factor in my life now.  I have several friends who are much older than I am and they are wonderful role models when it comes to age.  I look at them and I see that age doesn't define me.  

Honored Contributor

I am 64.   Yes, I feel 64.  My overall health is good. I have a few aches and pains thanks to Osteo Arthritis... in my fingers and now in my toes.  I had both hips and both knees replaced 7 years ago so those no longer hurt me. Replacing my hips and knees pretty much healed the back issues I use to have prior to joint replacement... so my back feels good now.

I have the usual issues with  aging teeth... receding gums and lots of crowns and root canals.. ... but my teeth  do not hurt and I have good dental  care to keep up on them.

I eat a healthy diet... do the intermittent fasting during the day and eat one meal early in the evening.  No sugar, low carb.... low animal fat. Lots of fresh vegetables. 

Try to walk daily( not always good about this as I could be!) use sunscreen year round...

I take a lot of supplements ...herbs... vitamins, mushrooms....  you name it I  take it!... have taken them for over 30 years everyday.    The only effect has been good overall health... 

But yes.. I feel my age.