Esteemed Contributor

Ahhhhh...... to be 50 again!  

Do I feel my age (70)?  Depends on what day it is.  Some days I feel like I'm 150.  Some days I feel like I'm 30's again.  Some mornings I walk into my bathroom and see myself in the big mirror and gasp -- who is that old lady looking at me?   Don't obsess about it - just live each day and enjoy all the good stuff that comes your way.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I don't know if I feel my age. I've not gotten the memo telling me what it's supposed to feel like, and I'd probably ignore it anyway. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

I'll be 61 in about 4 months.  In my mind I'm 20/30s. My metabolism is definitely not agreeing to that.

Last year I said I'm not counting anymore birthdays LOL  I'm holding at 59

Honored Contributor

I don't know how my age SHOULD feel, so I can't answer the question.

Honored Contributor

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't feel my age. Last night I had to get out the heating pad to put on my feet because I had cramps in my toes and feet.  This morning doing dishes my back was really bothering me. It is what it is and I've accepted it, as I can't go back in time. I am envious of those of you who feel younger than your age. 

Esteemed Contributor

There is a difference between our body aging and failing, our physical appearance reflecting the passing of time, and our spirit being content that many lessons have been learned.

Feeling your age needs more careful definition.

Honored Contributor

Have to admit that I've brought on most of my age related issues. Luckily knees are still good even though I carry excess weight. I guess that is why so many New Year's resolutions involve health related subjects. 

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Anonymous032819  To anwer you first question, some days no, but I have a cold and today I feel like I'm 104.  lol

Secondly, you seem like a very socialble person and I'm surprised you don't seem to have any close friends.  I know from reading you devoted a lot of these past years to you father, but still...

Perhaps it's time to devote some precious time to yourself and social activities where you might make some friends.

At any rate, as far as your estate is concerned perhaps you might make a will distributing your assets to your favorite charities.  Good luck in you choices.

This is good advice.  Socialization might open doors for friendships and new activities.  It is never too late to enrich your existence.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am 76 (hardly believe it) and feel pretty good.  Until about 2 years ago I felt like I did in my 20s.  Now I've slowed down a bit and am lacking a little stamina.  I also am a little more nervous when I drive on the freeway but with DH or son with me, trading driving, I can still easily make thousand miles trips( over three days; do this 5-6 times a year).  I have hbp but that's it! I'm thinking at this rate I will begin not going to extremely exotic or distant (Asia, Africa) trips because tourist class is too restrictive). DH and I are currently considering trips to Europe and are going to Hawaii again in November.  Travel insurance may soon become a problem as it becomes more expensive or unavailable after 80. 

Honored Contributor

I turned 58 on Christmas Eve but until about a week before my birthday last week all year I thought I was turning 59.  When I realized I was not as old as I thought I got really excited.  Not sure how I got confused on the two numbers way back earlier this year but I guess it means I am at least content with the aging.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."