Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Feel Sorry For Britney Spears????

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@Tayler1 wrote:

I'm glad her father got conservatorship.  She has mental health conditions that flare up from time to time.  At the time, she was involved with her manager/boyfriend.  Her father was protecting her from her manager taking her money.  

She would like her father not to be involved.  Her dad remains a co-conservator.

I saw something recently that Dr. Phil's license was suspended because he was practicing without a license when he paid a visit to Britney when she was hospitalized.

He is not a licensed therapist.

@Sage04   He never held a license in CA. 

Now his license from Texas was a whole different story.

I'm intigued; what's the story?

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't feel worry for Britney Spears.  She's talented, wealthy, she's a mom, she's in loving relationship, she seems to be handling her bipolar diagnosis extremely well.  

When was she diagnosed with bipolar disorder?

Respected Contributor

I don't care about her at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I do. She's somebody's daughter.

Respected Contributor

I feel sorry for anyone suffering from mental illness; that is one tough battle that never ends.   

As for her dad, I think there is more there than than we know.  Just because Brittney  thinks she should be free, it does not mean she should be.  Mental illness is tricky.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@insomniac2 wrote:

@Sage04  I am absolutely astounded reading some of the responses here.  Blows my mind.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@insomniac2 wrote:

And the mother of two sons.  

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@insomniac2 wrote:

@Sage04  I am absolutely astounded reading some of the responses here.  Blows my mind.

@gidgetgh  that's why sometimes I don't participate in certain Threads. 

Some people think that because someone is in show business they aren't real and have real feelings.

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@insomniac2 wrote:

And the mother of two sons.  

@tansy  those two boys will be reunited fulltime with their mom when the time comes and their father won't be able to bleed their mom anymore.  It's so sad. They think she's an ATM machine.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tayler1 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Tayler1 wrote:

I'm glad her father got conservatorship.  She has mental health conditions that flare up from time to time.  At the time, she was involved with her manager/boyfriend.  Her father was protecting her from her manager taking her money.  

That reason for conservatorship sounds very weak. And tons of people have mental health conditions. And kind of stranglehold should be used only if and when a person is so ill that they cannot take care of themselves.

If the father got the conservatorship is because a Judge decided in court.  I'm sure there were medical records, etc. after she had a breakdown.  People were harming her and they were exploiting her.  Her manager left when he knew he couldn't get her money.  Now in interviews he says she was on drugs.  Her then husband was granted sole custody of their sons.  She was only allowed to see them under supervision.  The court decided that because of her instability.  In 2019, she managed to get awarded 30% custody.  The boys are teenagers now.  She has this new boyfriend that is putting her up to not wanting her father to be her conservator.  In 13 years she has never  filed a  petition in court to end the convervatorship. 

True@Tayler1 , we don't know which one Jamie Spears has over Britney! There are several types from what I just learned:

Conservatorships by Type

• Financial: The conservator has full authority over the conservatee’s finances. While the conservatee still has full physical autonomy, they cannot access their money, investments or most forms of property without the conservator’s signature.
  • Physical: The conservator has authority over the conservatee’s health and life. The conservator can choose where the conservatee lives, how they receive healthcare and whether they need to move to a living facility of some sort.
  • General: The conservator has full authority over the conservatee’s finances, physical autonomy, health and all other significant decisions. It is uncommon for a court to grant a physical conservatorship without also granting financial authority as well, so this is more common than a physical conservatorship.
  • Limited: The conservator has authority over some specific aspects of the conservatee’s life. This is often granted in cases of a mentally disabled adult, to allow their guardian to continue caring for them while also allowing the greatest degree of autonomy possible. The conservatorship may focus on the specific needs of the conservatee.

Conservatorships by Duration

• Short-Term: Typically lasting no more than 90 days, this is a conservatorship that addresses a specific and immediate need. This is most common when someone is unexpectedly incapacitated. If the jurisdiction allows conservatorships without a formal hearing, it will limit that authority to short-term conservatorships.
  • Temporary: This is a conservatorship lasting for either a limited amount of time or under limited conditions. For example, if someone enters a medical coma, a judge might grant a temporary conservatorship until such a time as the individual wakes up.
  • Permanent: Barring a change in circumstances, this conservatorship will last for the rest of the individual’s life. The individual may file to have it rescinded but will need to present their case and receive a court order in order to succeed.

I didn't see the documentary about it all, but I get the feeling her dad has it over her assets only and it's for the rest of her life.  Not actually sure.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life