Esteemed Contributor

I feel connected to the people who post here.  For me it's quite the same as in real life in that we have varying opinions about things. I honestly think a newer neighbor of mine is someone on this board, but until she tells me I won't speculate who she may be here.  As for meeting anyone, there are a few I'd like to meet, and although most won't give a hoot whom Trix cares to meet, I am going to keep those names to myself. 

If I may add one more thing, it makes more sense to me that someone would feel they really know the forum posters than it does to feel like you know the hosts.  Many posters speak openly and honestly about quite a few things.  That can't be said for the hosts whose job is to schmooze us and during their shifts be wonderful people-- even if it's an act.  

Respected Contributor

there is a special lady I have become friends with on these boards. We email each other and chat on the phone. I wish we lived closer as I would love to hang out with her..

Respected Contributor

There is such a wide variety of personalities here...

More than probably any one of us meet in real life.

Those who find joy in everyday life.

Those who don't 🙄

Those who developed friendships here.

Those who are consumed with imagined grudges

Those who are the peacemakers

Those who live for conflict

Those whose wit and skill in painting a picture with words make me smile

It's fun and it is frustrating. 

Just like real life, I guess😁

Honored Contributor

There are some really interesting people posting here that i would love to meet.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

It's interesting to chat and share opinions with people from around our country and Canada. I assume we all accept one another at face value, encourage, and look the other way when we're having bad days. All good.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Some of the posters appear to be delightful and kind.  I love hearing what they have to say, even if we don't agree.  I do not mind opposing opinions.

i am often amazed at the brilliance and insite  many women on this forum have.

A few others who post often are full of you know what.  I have caught them in lies, even going as far to post pictures of themselves that they pulled off the internet.  They apparently need some kind of self assurance.  Now I don't believe a word they post.

I guess some people come here for entertainment...and I have to agree...sometimes it is quite entertaining, but often it is uplifting and educational.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I like coming here because it's a varied group of people.

Someone once mentioned that I give good advice.  And (being honest) I said (and meant it).  "It's easy to give advice and 'say' profound words when you have the ability to type something, reread it, erase it, type it again, and so on."

Ahhhh!!  If only life was like that all of the time.  

I have talked about all that I've learned here.  I enjoy reading responses from other people.  I don't always agree with them, but it helps show me another side to things.

On one hand I wish we could get into subjects that are more controversial, but on the other hand I do understand it would turn ugly.

However, it is only by hearing both sides to a subject that we learn...that's how I feel.

There are a lot of people here I think I could be friends with were I to know them personally.

However, I know this will have to do and I guess it works for me.

I do think I often post more personal things than many here but that's just the way I am....if you knew me you'd find out quickly that what you see is....well...what you get...I don't exaggerate and I don't lie.  Not bragging...it's because life is short and I really believe one day we all have to answer for everything we did here on earth.

I always joke and say "when I die, Saint Peter is going to be standing at the Pearly Gates with his IPAD and say to me, "Do you remember when you bla bla"? and I'd say, "Well, Yes!  But you don't understand"....and my late husband will be in the good part of the Pearly Gates and he'll say, "Nanny!  Nanny!  Boo Boo!".  Ha!

@Annabellethecat66  No, he'll say "NO, she's ok, go ahead and let her in.  You'll get used to it!"  Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I know it’s not possible, but, personally, I would love to meet others on this forum in real life. I believe there are several posters also from Nashville and middle Tennessee. I’ve sometimes thought how cool it would be to announce a public place (like Starbucks) for anyone to meet who wants to (adding a time, date, etc). Just a thought....

Esteemed Contributor

There are definitely some people here I’d love to meet. There are also some people I would never want to meet.

I love having a healthy debate.I never mind those who disagree with my point of view.I mind those who get nasty & judgemental when you don’t agree with them or when they disagree with you.

I’ve learned a lot from people here. I enjoy my time on the boards.There are some people in particular whose posts I look for.They make me smile 😀!!

Respected Contributor

Do I ever wonder? Yes. Would I want to meet them? No. Many nice posters, but also a lot of drama queens and very needy posters who seem to crave attention a daily basis. No thanks. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.