Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Ever Start to Post Something

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot  Yes.  Some have been lengthy and time consuming, but I realize they might be controversial and this might not be the appropriate place for my perspective (even though not argumentative).  I love to research and reflect....a thesis is not QVC board worthy.  Or I chose not to express myself when I know the post is headed towards a mod intervention.  Several posts I enjoyed writing and would love to have had engaged conversation are now in the ether.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

and then say to yourself,

"Nah"

I've done that a few times this afternoon/evening.

Cat Tongue

Yes

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have - many times.  I will start to type something ---- and then I hesitate and think ---- uh-oh --- wait a minute ---- this could be misconstrued and taken in a negative way, which was never the way I had intended --- and so I cancel it out!  Some things can be said in person and no offense taken because you can hear the tone of the voice and see the expression on the face -- but the print version does not come across the way you intended it to!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

For sure.  Still do, still will.  

Honored Contributor

Many times

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

Exactly what @QVCkitty1 said.  I'll write, re-read, re-word, then cancel instead of posting.  But I feel better for having written it in the first place.  

Have I ever posted something then regretted it?  Yes.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't!

Honored Contributor

Most definitely.  Today, in fact.

Honored Contributor

Oh, so very many times over the years here!   It's kind of therapeutic to just pound out a post - and then let it go.   Smiley Happy

Sometimes we just need to hold our tongues. I suppose it's knowing when those times are that makes the difference.  I know for a fact that I'm nowhere near perfect.  But if I'm really jacked up about something and it will serve no purpose to say my piece I usually know to let it go.

Honored Contributor

All the time.

And I always know the usual cast of characters who will ruin the thread.