Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Ever Start to Post Something

Yes, quite often. Some posters just make the rest of us not want to post.It's a shame because most of us get a long well & are adult enough to respect each other's differences.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Oh yeah. This isn't the most tolerant crowd of diverse thinking.

@Nancy Drew, no matter our POVs, we probably all think that those with whom we disagree are not "the most tolerant crowd of diverse thinking."

@suzyQ3  "Diverse Thinking" is subjective.  I view that phrase in terms of political/religious/social themes and those are not allowed here, although sometimes a bit sneaks in.

I don't mind somebody if somebody does not agree with me as long as the dialogue remains on topic.   I would not say that we probably all view others as intolerant.  It's perception and how much our pov matters.  (Hint: it really doesn't.  lol)

Yes, I've started to post something and have changed my mind. 

I've also gone back and removed posts, too, if I thought it would be miscontrued as a snark or picking at a poster.

I believe most do their best.

I try, I fail, I apologize, I move on.

@Cakers3, how did you interpret the post to which I replied?

@suzyQ3   Pretty much what I said.  To be clear, it's my own pov and not against your own.

I really didn't "interpret"; just read it and my own thoughts arose and I posted them.

Makes sense?

I'm signing off soon so I may not see your reply if there is another one.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Oh yes.  I'll usually delete at least one post daily, cause I figure its just not that important and who really cares anyway?  Some topics do interest me though, usually fashion or TV.  I luv trivia.  I like reading what others feel about certain topics.  Reading thru these threads is great entertainment - usually.  Cat Wink

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Yep, it does not take much for the knives to be sharpened!

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Image result for things are going to get better

@KingstonsMom  Love the Gibson Girl picture!

Respected Contributor

I'll compose a post, rewrite, fuss some more so I don't get anyone upset, and then abandoned the whole thing. My POV is not going to please everyone so I know I need to sometimes just sit on my hands.

I'm also hesitant now to post a comment when the conversation was started by a pot stirrer and is headed to a mod lock. That's a waste of time (but can be an entertaining read). 

I have deleted my posts too after reading the 7 or 8 other posts that came in while I was stewing over mine trying to be civil and realize others were blunt and to the point, so my carefully crafted message now seems unnecessary. 

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

You bet, sometimes I write the post, look at it, and hit cancel. Juast writing it makes me feel better, and I know if I post I'll regret it.

@QVCkitty1  Couldn't have said it better!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I start many posts and delete, usually they are in response to posts by what I call the "Negative Nellies"  Those who, no matter what the subject, have a snarky/negative comment.  Other times I stop and ask myself if my post would add anything to the conversation or who really cares what I think.  I tend to stay away from fashion and really enjoy the home threads and all the beautiful homes and rooms that are posted,

Esteemed Contributor

All. The. Time. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes.  Doesn't everyone?  Not because I get intimidated by other posters...LOL  Good grief, how do grow women get intimidated by words on screen?  Sometime I post something and then I read it and it I realize no one except me cares about that.  Or I post something very long and I think it's too long for anyone to get through.  It's not post, it's a book!  So, I'll delete it rather than shortening it.  And sometimes, I go back and read the responses and I see that 25 people have already said what I was going to say....some said it much better....and I delete the post.