Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Ever Start to Post Something

You bet, sometimes I write the post, look at it, and hit cancel. Juast writing it makes me feel better, and I know if I post I'll regret it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm increasingly reluctant to post on a thread I know will be over-moderated and probably deleted, with or without mention. Unfortunately, those instances appear to be sharply on the increase.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I do it often as I try not to offend...every once in awhile I just go for it and of course it’s pooped.

Honored Contributor

@dex   pooped?  That made me laugh.  Sorry, I should have deleted this before I hit Post, but I really needed a laugh today.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie glad I was able to provide a laugh...good for the soul.I need to read before posting as that spell check has been out of control.

Honored Contributor

I usually poop my posts before anyone else poops them. 💩
Honored Contributor

@dex   I figured that is what happened.  A couple of days ago my spell check changed a good clean word into an inappropriate one.  I was surprised that QVC Missed this word on its naughty list.

Thank goodness I reread it and caught it.  I had to delete it or I would have been banned from the forums.

Honored Contributor

Yes more and more I censor myself.  Now y'all are thinking "Gee, I wonder how bad she really is??????"  Woman Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

Yes....I've faced the wrath of a few posters here, so I try to be very careful. I'm not a confronatational person and have just erased comments that might raise the ire of those folks. I try to keep my comments to Kitchen, Home and Recipes. It's safer that way (even though I commented on this thread - probably shouldn't have).

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Oh yeah. This isn't the most tolerant crowd of diverse thinking.

@Nancy Drew, no matter our POVs, we probably all think that those with whom we disagree are not "the most tolerant crowd of diverse thinking."

@suzyQ3  "Diverse Thinking" is subjective.  I view that phrase in terms of political/religious/social themes and those are not allowed here, although sometimes a bit sneaks in.

I don't mind somebody if somebody does not agree with me as long as the dialogue remains on topic.   I would not say that we probably all view others as intolerant.  It's perception and how much our pov matters.  (Hint: it really doesn't.  lol)

Yes, I've started to post something and have changed my mind. 

I've also gone back and removed posts, too, if I thought it would be miscontrued as a snark or picking at a poster.

I believe most do their best.

I try, I fail, I apologize, I move on.

@Cakers3, how did you interpret the post to which I replied?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland