Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Ever Just Take a Day Off?

I think it's totally fine to have a day like that.  I myself do it too once in awhile.

Today is not one of those days though, I promised myself I would dust and vacumn today so off I go,  see you all later Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Absolutely.  A few weeks ago my DH was out of town for the weekend.  I had big intentions or doing a good cleaning in 2 rooms of my house, giving myself a pedicure, doing a facial mask and deep conditioning my hair.

I accomplished not one thing.  LOL  I ended up going to a friend's house and lying out at the pool all day. 

Respected Contributor

Very rare for me.  I work six days, and try to catch up on my day off.  I’m  a few years from retiring, and I cannot wait for some days like that.  My turn will come.. I think everyone deserves some time like that.  Don’t feel bad about it.  Enjoy!  

Valued Contributor

@lynnie61 

Your goal is exactly like mine was - I think a great many of us on these boards worked for a long time - 50 years for me -  and the thought that kept me going was that one day I would be retired and have the entire time to myself.

My "happy place" is reading and now I can do that whenever I want - that is why the self-isolation has not been a problem for me - I just read more.

I truly hope you can retire soon and have time to yourself to  do whatever you wish.

Respected Contributor

@coco14   Thank you!  I have 43 years and in a few to go.  I have an office job, M-F and serve at a restaurant one day a week.  Enjoy your reading.  My “me” time is fishing on Sundays with my guy.  We love it, and we fish all four PA seasons.

I’m glad to see many here do this.  Many worked hard for years.  I’m 59, MAX I hope I will be done by 62.  So I am on a secret countdown.  😀.    Wow, 50 years, you should be proud!!  

Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss , I do but it doesn't happen very often.  Summer is my busiest time with the gardens but my busy is doing things I love so I am the lucky one.  These dog days of August you are more likely to find me reading at the lake than any other time during summer.  

I usually have a project on the go but they are things I want to do so I have no complaints.  To those of you who are retired, congratulations  and enjoy each day as you choose.  You earned it.  Retirement is the best thing that ever happened to me (after my DH of course!). LM

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@wismiss    I have many days like you describe.  I have good intentions but often don't get much done.  When you live alone, there's not much incentive; everything will still be there tomorrow.  I find the less I do, the less I want to do.

@Kachina624 Your description may be accurate my Dear, but I always greatly appreciate you having my "back".  You definitely raise the sunshine in my day!

cute little girl giving flower gift, isolated on white - Buy this ...

Respected Contributor

@wismiss  Good for you!   There are times we all need to take a break from everything and just have a feel good day.  Do what feels good to you, it is a treat for me but helps me to reset mentally and physically..

Honored Contributor

If I'm off, I'm making sure Shadow is asleep on the couch or not raiding the kitchen trash cabinet, or chewing the wrong thing.

Honored Contributor

I do. But the chores don't. Woman Tongue "DISHES CEASE!" "Dishensio!" "GARBAGATICCUS OUTICCUS!" "Socksinthehamper NOW!" I can't figure out the right spells.

The one command that works for everything is, "noitanitsarcorp" spoken three times in front of a mirror.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr