Esteemed Contributor

Normally, the answer for me is no, but sometimes something will happen that will make my face turn crimson.

Take for example what happened to me a year or so ago.

I was at work, interacting with the public, and I was gesticulating with my hands.

Out of the far corner of my eye, I saw that my supervisor was standing behind me, but I didn't realize how close he was.

Next thing that I know, the back of my hand hit something, and I hear him say, "Hey! Ho, be careful there!"

I turned around, and saw him covering himself.

I had accidentally hit my supervisor right on the zipper line of his trousers, with the back of my hand!

To say that I was mortified, would be an understatement.

My eyes got wide, I gasped in shock, and I covered my face with my hands.

Yes, I definitely apologized to him.

So, do you embarrass easily?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Embarrass Easily?

[ Edited ]

In my 20's when I was insecure, yes, very much so.

Not now.

ETA:  Although, I'm getting embarrassed just thinking about some of those embarrassing incidents in my 20's. :-D  There were some doozies.

Honored Contributor

Yes, plus I get my feelings hurt easily.... I am sensitive I guess.

Honored Contributor

I'm like you @Plaid Pants2, it takes something rather extreme to embarrass me these days. 

Honored Contributor

I stopped being embarrassed after I got married at 23, I didn't really care what any body thought except my husband and I still don't. People feel the need to embarrass others because something isn't right with them. If you embarrass yourself then it's on you.

Esteemed Contributor

No, I don't embarrass very easily at all but there are some things that will embarrass me. One is being with a person who is rude. I want to die when I am with a person who treats people (in general) poorly especially those in the service industry like servers, bartenders, hotel staff, etc.. I immediately say something to the person I am with letting them know that talking to someone rudely in front of me will not be tolerated, I don't care who is around. As a matter of fact, I want them to feel embarrassed or ashamed for their actions

It doesn't really happen with people I am close to like friends but it has happened when I was with an acquaintance or someone I work with. I also want to die if that person is a bad tipper or doesn't tip at all. In those cases I add whatever their portion of the tip SHOULD have been and I let them know I am doing it too, so I can embarrass them. Many times they don't even have the sense to be embarrassed though but I do my darndest to try!!!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Normally, the answer for me is no, but sometimes something will happen that will make my face turn crimson.

Take for example what happened to me a year or so ago.

I was at work, interacting with the public, and I was gesticulating with my hands.

Out of the far corner of my eye, I saw that my supervisor was standing behind me, but I didn't realize how close he was.

Next thing that I know, the back of my hand hit something, and I hear him say, "Hey! Ho, be careful there!"

I turned around, and saw him covering himself.

I had accidentally hit my supervisor right on the zipper line of his trousers, with the back of my hand!

To say that I was mortified, would be an understatement.

My eyes got wide, I gasped in shock, and I covered my face with my hands.

Yes, I definitely apologized to him.

So, do you embarrass easily?

Haha! Yes, that is embarrassing but truly an accident. Did it actually hurt him or just his and your pride?

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Yes, plus I get my feelings hurt easily.... I am sensitive I guess.

This surprises me to hear @SeaMaiden.

JFK
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was meeting with a new neighbor.We got talking about local newspapers,and I told him to just stick with the free paper.The one you need a subscription for takes a whole week to print the same junk as the free one accomplishes in two days.Turns out he was the new editor for the paper I trashed.My face got red when he thanked me for the review and said he would work on improving the content.

Honored Contributor

If turning red in the face means being embarassed I guess I do....it is one of the two thing about myself that bothers me......I cannot speak in public in any sitting...my face turns red......I wish I knew how to fix it but at my age I don't see that happening.