Esteemed Contributor

Do You Drink A Lot of Water?

I am not a water drinker. Coffee, hot tea, soda on occasion and oj.

I could go hours without drinking anything.

Well, I decided I needed to drink more water. I have to drink it ice cold.  I fill very a large glass with ice and water. Sometimes plain, sometimes I throw in a Crystal Light. Not a fan  but I drink anyway.

I remember why I didn't drink a ton of water, running to the bathroom all the time.

I read once your body got used to all the water you didn't live in the bathroom.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Drink A Lot of Water?

No, not excissively, only several times a day with my supplements and in my iced tea. I am also one who does not care to spend so much time running to the bathroom, especially while at work. I see some of my coworkers going every hour on the hour with big water bottles on their desks. 

Honored Contributor

No, unfortunately I don't. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I feel your pain, I try to drink water but I don't drink as much as I should.  When I worked I did drink water all day because I would keep a large Yeti filled and refill and sipped water all day.  After retiring my schedule is so different that sometimes I have to stop and say...hey drink some water. I am trying to do better. I have never been a someone to drink a lot of anything.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   You described me to a T....

Esteemed Contributor

Wayyyy back in 2007 I did WW, the point thing.  I drank a ton of water.

I was working then and holy cat, I was in the bathroom all the time. My co-workers asked if I was ok.  Yep, just water logged.

Honored Contributor

No, I drink when I'm thirsty.  I sip on hot tea all morning.  My P is clear, so that's all that's necessary. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I drink a lot of water - probably  48 oz. a day. I even take a large glass of water to bed with me to drink when I wake up to go to the bathroom. I drink tap water and plain seltzer. Yes, I do go to the bathroom more often the older I get. I also drink about 8 oz. of V8 every day, as well as milk.

Honored Contributor

I think it's important, for me especially, to stay hydrated. Edema and dehydration go hand in hand and that's exactly what I need to avoid by drinking plenty of water.

Honored Contributor

Yes,  I drink a lot of water all day long.  I don't measure or have an exact amount, but it's a lot.