QVC Customer Care

Re: Do You Believe That a Thread Can Be Sabotaged on Purpose?

Respected Contributor

Yes, I do and it's unfortunate when it happens.

Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

There are posters who sabotage their own threads but blame it on everyone else. They cannot stand a difference of opinion on something. 

Yes indeedy there are.  All the time.  Or cry to the moderators to poof (not just close) a thread they started so no one will see that they can't handle differing POV.

I asked the moderators to close the thread last night but not to poof it because it was getting a bit ridiculous! No other reason, I can stand differences of opinions but when posters lose track of the subject and go off topic then it's time to close the thread! 

I have never asked a moderator to close any thread I've started, and I've taken some beatings. As an OP I might have the "right" to ask it, but 99% of the time I wouldn't even think of it. A thread is free-flowing. Whatever course it takes, I don't believe in artificially manipulating the forums by shutting down something I disagree with or just wish was gone. Direct insults so egregious they clearly violate standards, that's different (and up to the moderators anyway). But a thread that just no longer pleased me? Just me, but I wouldn't. I wouldn't like what it would say about me to others.

I have asked and thankfully they did. ( caught my neighbor peering on my fence & the thread got bad! Ha, BTW I got him evicted so if I ever suddenly quit posting, I got murdered because he's extremely angry about it) anyway, think they should honor a request to who started the thread. Sorry to bump it up but doesn't seem to be dying...

Honored Contributor

Oh, they will honor the request @StraytoStay, AFAIK. I haven't seen anyone complain it was refused. I was just saying I wouldn't, and why.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

Oh, I thought it was this thread wanting closed, didn't realize it was another one. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

Oh, I thought it was this thread wanting closed, didn't realize it was another one. Smiley Happy

It was this one.