Honored Contributor

Do You Believe That a Thread Can Be Sabotaged on Purpose?

I've been seeing this more and more lately. Usually it's a long and interesting thread, a party makes a snarky remark and then that post gets responses calling out that poster and voila, it's closed or poofed!

It is the thread about micro chipping that I'm referring to, it was a great thread and in my opinion deliberately ruined!

Why is that a curve ball can be thrown but when called a foul, the umpire throws out the batter for arguing the point?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Believe That a Thread Can Be Sabotaged on Purpose?

[ Edited ]

The thread is still there @JaneMarple

ETA: Oh, so sorry. I didn't see a lock icon on the thread listing. However, I see there are no more Reply boxes within the thread.

To answer your question, absolutely yes, I think posters can intentionally sabotage a thread... and they do.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

I've been seeing this more and more lately. Usually it's a long and interesting thread, a party makes a snarky remark and then that post gets responses calling out that poster and voila, it's closed or poofed!

It is the thread about micro chipping that I'm referring to, it was a great thread and in my opinion deliberately ruined!

Why is that a curve ball can be thrown but when called a foul, the umpire throws out the batter for arguing the point?

I'm naive, I don't think it was deliberate but there was one poster who got up on her high horse and a few other posters took offense.    And I don't blame them.  The Moderating is inconsistent so who's to say what really happened.    Move on.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@The thread is still there @JaneMarple

Yes but you cannot reply.  The button is now clouded, so to speak.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

My point is proven! Woman Mad Woman Sad Woman Surprised Woman Frustrated Woman Embarassed

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Sabotagging a thread sounds like you are back in grammar school and probably the mentality of the person doing the sabotagging.    Cat MadCat Tongue

kindness is strength
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I believe people attempt to get threads taken down. But whether they succeed depends upon whether they're "fed" or not. For my own part I try hard not to allow a poster or two to "use" me and my responses to the baiting to crash the thread.

I know we can't control everyone's responses, only our own. But we can control our own - and how we handle a baiter. My POV is don't respond as they hope you will, which doesn't mean not responding at all, just don't give them anything to work with.

If you find a post egregiously out of line, report it as unkind, baiting, argumentative, off-topic or whatever and don't reply though tempted. The moderator will then see "who" the issue is without the waters being muddied, and others who read the thread will also see those who stand out as deliberately combative.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all