Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do The Days Seem Long To You..........

Looking forward to going back to campus either in June / July. June, I hope. Paid and working from home -- thankful for the pay and for a job working with terrific people at a beautiful campus. Daycare closed, so helping my son, single dad, with toddler daycare. Active 20 month old grandson. Whew! Thankful hubs is newly retired and home to help. Let's just say we play 'chase' a lot. Keep groceries ordered online, kitchen time and the house clean. Getting some home projects done and making plan for future projects. Love recharging while taking drives, alone, in the country with audio books or Pandora sounds. Also short, neighborhood walks. 

I'm looking forward to retirement February 2021 in a more normal setting. A new appreciation for everyday freedoms. More importantly, let's all stay safe, sane and smart.          

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

No, the days fly by for me. I’m blessed to be working full time from home and very, very busy. I don’t have extra time on my hands and need every minute of my weekend to rest and recharge. Not a chance of getting bored.

I couldn’t remember how long it has been so I checked (I made note of a few things because I wanted to track the time). It has been over 6 weeks since I was inside a store and just over 4 weeks since I started working from home.  I was honestly surprised it has been that long.

Esteemed Contributor

They actually don't seem long to me. I get up, usually fairly early since I can only sleep 5 or so hours and then I wake up and can't get back to sleep. What I am noticing is that even though I have the whole day to get things done (and believe me there are tons of things that need attention), I can't seem to accomplish anything. Oh....except Laundry. I seem obsessed at washing every article in the house. Right now it is 11 a.m. and the only thing I have accomplished is toast, coffee, Ipad games, and emptying the top rack of the dishwasher. Serously!